AMDGPU need current info to get working
Exclamation 
So I wanted to use my old GPU for hashcat work on an extra machine I had. 
And of course it's being quiet difficult.  
https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-8630.html
This thread is referenced a lot but the RCOM link is dead and that user is using an old 500 series.  I have a 6000 series. 

I noticed there's bench marks for the 6800 series, but are those from windows machines? If not, is there an update to date method for getting the right drivers loaded and installed?  Currently DKMS broke on my latest run through on Ubuntu 20 LTS release and I don't think I can move forward in releases and get any better luck.  

Alternatively, should just try to sell the card and try to save up for maybe some 3000 series nvidias?  Is nvidia support on linux for hashcat better/more straight forward? (I ask because my windows11 rig works perfect on my 4070, but I'd like to have a secondarly rig running linux doing the same thing.) 

Thanks in advance.  (Before you ask, I've read every posting on this forum and reddit about this issue, ALL of them are out of date and none of the steps work, at least for my newer 6000 series card we're either looking at borked dependencies for AMDgpu or Hashcat just not seeing the OpenCL device but it will see the platform).
Nvidia is more efficient than AMD also better to buy something from them .
(09-05-2023, 02:09 PM)marc1n Wrote: Nvidia is more efficient than AMD also better to buy something from them .

Figure has much I want to invest in a rig just for cranking out hashes.  But thought I could spin up the old AMD card in the meantime.  Just doesn't seem like the support is there or consistent.
(09-07-2023, 04:35 AM)fromohio Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 02:09 PM)marc1n Wrote: Nvidia is more efficient than AMD also better to buy something from them .

Figure has much I want to invest in a rig just for cranking out hashes.  But thought I could spin up the old AMD card in the meantime.  Just doesn't seem like the support is there or consistent.

I'm also having a tough time setting up an AMD GPU. Does anyone here know if I can purchase an nVidia card and run the AMD GPU for my main GPU and then just use the nVidia in the same system for only hashcat? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on a decent priced nVidia card?