PDF Hash type
Hey guys
When I try to figure out the hash type with -identify, I get this output:

No hash-mode matches the structure of the input hash.
I
f I pull out the hash via Jack the ripper, it is only partially similar to the existing hashtype examples.

My hash starts like this: $pdf$1*2*40*2147422012*1*16*

I've already tested every hash mode, always the same error:

Hashfile 'pdf.txt' on line 1 ($pdf$1...xxxxxxxxxxxxx): Token length exception

* Token length exception: 1/1 hashes
  This error happens if the wrong hash type is specified, if the hashes are
  malformed, or if input is otherwise not as expected (for example, if the
  --username option is used but no username is present)

No hashes loaded.
(03-26-2024, 11:39 PM)xJiiKo Wrote: Hey guys

I
f I pull out the hash via Jack the ripper, it is only partially similar to the existing hashtype examples.

No hashes loaded.

Is the end part of the hash 64 bytes long? If not, try and pad it with 0 until it is. Or trim it if necessary. 
There also exists pdf2hashcat (google it), maybe that will format the hash string a bit different....
(03-27-2024, 01:49 AM)b8vr Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:39 PM)xJiiKo Wrote: Hey guys

I

No hashes loaded.

Is the end part of the hash 64 bytes long? If not, try and pad it with 0 until it is. Or trim it if necessary. 
There also exists pdf2hashcat (google it), maybe that will format the hash string a bit different....
The end part of the hash is 168 character long. Idk how many bytes that is...
Have a look at the example hashes at https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=example_hashes .

In the PDF hashes which hashcat and Jack the Ripper use, the first two numbers are a Version and Revision number. What comes after that — the number of fields, and the length of each field — differs depending on the Version and Revision. Which hashcat hash type ("-m" number) you use also differs.

I suggest you find a hash in example_hashes which matches the beginning of your hash: $pdf$1*2* . Then copy the entire example hash, and compare its structure carefully to the structure of the hashes you have. 

I have noticed that some tools which claim to read a PDF file and generate a hash get the hash wrong. Sometimes there is a clear place to file a bug against the tool, sometimes there is not.
(03-27-2024, 02:50 AM)JDLH Wrote: Have a look at the example hashes at https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=example_hashes .

In the PDF hashes which hashcat and Jack the Ripper use, the first two numbers are a Version and Revision number. What comes after that — the number of fields, and the length of each field — differs depending on the Version and Revision. Which hashcat hash type ("-m" number) you use also differs.

I suggest you find a hash in example_hashes which matches the beginning of your hash: $pdf$1*2* . Then copy the entire example hash, and compare its structure carefully to the structure of the hashes you have. 

I have noticed that some tools which claim to read a PDF file and generate a hash get the hash wrong. Sometimes there is a clear place to file a bug against the tool, sometimes there is not.

I did that, the most similiar one is PDF 1.1 - 1.3 (Acrobat 2 - 4), collider #2
But its still very different...
PDF 1.1 - 1.3 (Acrobat 2 - 4), collider #2 $pdf$1*2*40*-1*0*16*
(03-27-2024, 02:59 AM)xJiiKo Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 02:50 AM)JDLH Wrote: Have a look at the example hashes at https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=example_hashes .

Would you mind sharing the hash?
No need to share, I'm pretty sure the problem is the 2147422012. This value is incredibly high, either it's an error or a new value that the modules/kernels aren't ready to support. Changing it to be a smaller number would probably allow the hash to load but, depending on the version, it may impact the ability to crack it. I believe in some cases it won't though, so it's worth a shot.
b8vr dateline='[url=tel:1711522518' Wrote: 1711522518[/url]']
xJiiKo dateline='[url=tel:1711501148' Wrote: 1711501148[/url]']
JDLH dateline='[url=tel:1711500614' Wrote: 1711500614[/url]']
Have a look at the example hashes at https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=example_hashes .

No I’m completely fine with sharing the hash, but am I allowed to? I thought I read somewhere that I’m not allowed to post the full hash.
Chick3nman dateline='[url=tel:1711523712' Wrote: 1711523712[/url]']
No need to share, I'm pretty sure the problem is the 2147422012. This value is incredibly high, either it's an error or a new value that the modules/kernels aren't ready to support. Changing it to be a smaller number would probably allow the hash to load but, depending on the version, it may impact the ability to crack it. I believe in some cases it won't though, so it's worth a shot.

How do I change it to a smaller number? Just shorten it? Can you give me an example?
b8vr dateline='[url=tel:1711522518' Wrote: 1711522518[/url]']
xJiiKo dateline='[url=tel:1711501148' Wrote: 1711501148[/url]']
JDLH dateline='[url=tel:1711500614' Wrote: 1711500614[/url]']

I wrote u a pm