Feature request: checkpoint, falling speed
There should be command line option to run till next checkpoint (and quit then).

Which is related to:

When cracking Bitcoin wallets the speed is falling thru time from 800 kH/s to 99 kH/s (RTX 4090, Linux, also Windows).
When restarting the cracking (after checkpoint) the speed in first moments is still high.
But it is falling down very much even thru first seconds of next restart.
This is likely a visual issue and not a "real" speed increase. What it sounds like you are doing is running multiple different wallets, some are likely slower than others as the difficulty is configurable. Immediately after starting, the "fastest" wallets are being tested first, bringing your speed up momentarily, and then the slower ones will be tested as the first chunk of work is exhausted. As those slower wallets are worked on more and more, it will gradually bring your "average" speed down. Switching to a single wallet might give more consistent speeds over time.

If you are already working on a single wallet hash then ignore the above and perhaps provide a bit more information like hashcat version and such and I can look into it.
(04-10-2024, 08:11 PM)Chick3nman Wrote: This is likely a visual issue and not a "real" speed increase. What it sounds like you are doing is running multiple different wallets, some are likely slower than others as the difficulty is configurable. Immediately after starting, the "fastest" wallets are being tested first, bringing your speed up momentarily, and then the slower ones will be tested as the first chunk of work is exhausted. As those slower wallets are worked on more and more, it will gradually bring your "average" speed down. Switching to a single wallet might give more consistent speeds over time.

If you are already working on a single wallet hash then ignore the above and perhaps provide a bit more information like hashcat version and such and I can look into it.

Not increase but decrease. 

Many wallets, 6.2.6 hashcat. 

For other hashes also speed falls. Single hashes too. 

Restarting hashcat makes full speed again. 

Please read carefully once again what I have written because I do not wish to repeat myself and you are spamming my thread with no solution to the problem. 

All info is already in first post. 

This is third thread that is spammed without solution.
Perhaps I wasn't clear with what I said? I understood your post fine, your speed appears to be decreasing over time. When you restart, the speed appears to be "increased" back to being fast but then falls off over time again. Is that not correct?

If that is correct, then my response still holds. Having many wallets in your attack or many hashes of any type that contain a variable difficulty, you will see this behavior. You should not see this behavior for attacks against single hashes, except for the very end of the attack where the speed will obviously fall off due to the workload falling off.

On top of this, you are running a version of hashcat that does not contain the tuning Alias for the 4090, so your tuning values will be less than optimal regardless. Please test with beta: https://hashcat.net/beta/
(04-10-2024, 08:31 PM)Chick3nman Wrote: Perhaps I wasn't clear with what I said? I understood your post fine, your speed appears to be decreasing over time. When you restart, the speed appears to be "increased" back to being fast but then falls off over time again. Is that not correct?

If that is correct, then my response still holds. Having many wallets in your attack or many hashes of any type that contain a variable difficulty, you will see this behavior. You should not see this behavior for attacks against single hashes, except for the very end of the attack where the speed will obviously fall off due to the workload falling off.

On top of this, you are running a version of hashcat that does not contain the tuning Alias for the 4090, so your tuning values will be less than optimal regardless. Please test with beta: https://hashcat.net/beta/

That is correct.

Still with single hashes also speed drops on another computer. I always been nervous about that.

Tried this beta (+813) but it needed newer version of GLibC which I wasn't able to "make install" correctly. Hashcat thrown error about GLibC version. For this Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS I can't do more.

Still adding the command line option would be a big feature.