Limiting the consecutive occurrence
@Pixel:: Damnit, what a little dirty slip! xD

Add this and you should be fine:
Code:
/\(.\).*\(.\).*\2.*\1/d
I'm pretty sure, no more of that will happen again now.
Nice catch btw!

@Pixel's last post:: We can skip that using std-in mode, it will start cracking instantly.
(05-28-2012, 07:39 PM)M@LIK Wrote: @Pixel:: Damnit, what a little dirty slip! xD

Add this and you should be fine:
Code:
/\(.\).*\(.\).*\2.*\1/d
I'm pretty sure, no more of that will happen again now.
Nice catch btw!

@Pixel's last post:: We can skip that using std-in mode, it will start cracking instantly.

big thanks M@LIK Smile Oh yea forgot about std-in
I can't wait to see how much smaller we can make each individual character set.

I might generate one tonight just to see. I know there still might be bugs but its just a test.
(05-28-2012, 07:48 PM)Hash-IT Wrote: I can't wait to see how much smaller we can make each individual character set.

I might generate one tonight just to see. I know there still might be bugs but its just a test.

its about 3 times slower now than when we had the first two commands. hope I don't find any more bugs or it will another slow sed command to fix it LOL. Tongue Why this tool does not have at least multi-threads is beyond me , but as a tool its Awesome!!

Now doing full character test of "H" so nobody else generator "H". If can't find any more bugs we can use it.

generating with this command...
Code:
mp64.exe --start-at=HAAAAAAA --stop-at=HZZZZZZZ H?u?u?u?u?u?u?u | sed -f awesome_script.txt >H.txt

and with this in the text file...
Code:
/\(.\)\1\1/d
/\(.\).*\1.*\1/d
/\(.\).*\1.*\(.\).*\2/d
/\(.\).*\(.\).*\1.*\2/d
/\(.\).*\(.\).*\2.*\1/d
/\(ABCD\|BCDE\|CDEF\|DEFG\|EFGH\|FGHI\|GHIJ\|HIJK\|IJKL\|JKLM\|KLMN\|LMNO\|MNOP\|NOPQ\|OPQR\|PQRS\|QRST\|RSTU\|STUV\|TUVW\|UVWX\|VWXY\|WXYZ\)/d
Well done Pixel.

I really hope there are no more bugs. I am concerned there may be and we waste our time. I am not doubting M@LIK, it is very complex and nobody gets stuff like this right straightaway.

To be honest though it seems to be working for me and I haven't seen a problem with the output yet. Credit to M@LIK !!!

This part of your code...

Code:
mp64.exe --start-at=HAAAAAAA --stop-at=HZZZZZZZ H?u?u?u?u?u?u?u

I am not criticising but do you need to put the min and max ?

I always like to reduce code if possible and I wondered if this would do the same...

Code:
mp64.exe H?u?u?u?u?u?u?u

A is going to be the worst one to do as it takes so long before anything happens. I wonder if I can start mp.exe at a better start point to move it on a bit. I think AABAAAAA might be ok. I dare not do it until someone approves my idea as I don't want to miss any !!
after we have got the right command. There is one more thing to consider:

abcdefgh
hgfedcba

is exactly the same but mirrored only. Anyone has idea to generate the first half then use rule via OCLplus (GPU) to reverse it to form the missing half? We would save the time and alot of HD space. Also rule via GPU works quicker
(05-29-2012, 12:12 AM)ntk Wrote: after we have got the right command. There is one more thing to consider:

abcdefgh
hgfedcba

is exactly the same but mirrored only. Anyone has idea to generate the first half then use rule via OCLplus (GPU) to reverse it to form the missing half? We would save the time and alot of HD space. Also rule via GPU works quicker

Good thinking there ntk, you have very random thoughts ! Big Grin

Although it is a good idea how are we going to generate these lists to allow for reflections ? We need to generate one letter at a time due to their size and time taken. Your mirrored method would require the filter to know what would be in the other tables.

It is a good idea but I don't know how we can generate them. We really need to know from atom if this filtering could be done on GPU first I think. As soon as he gets back from his holidays he may give us some advice.

Good idea though ntk, keep thinking !!!
"This sound good to me, I just hope we don't find a password with more than 2 consecutive characters together or per line.". don't try this.

I personnally met two real router passwords.
4gZaY34e -4 appears 2x-
pypkpswD - p apear 3 x-

aXaaYaaaZ can still be a very valid and hard to recover password.

be careful with taken out MNOP. ABCDEF

Removing obvious combination such as WERT FGHJ ZXCVBN should be not recommendable,too.

you shoot yourself in the foot, if you try too hard to "dictate" what people "would" not use such as BAcPOrtA. 987ABC321 is a very nice password to remember, and obvious I read somewhere about art to guessing password by people's lazy behaviour using such key combinations. That is an art, because there are people who realy set it.

Aply too much of these rules and we
1. slow our move
2. running danger to move on to an area finding what password we "think" people would set, but not those which normal human uses, and so we could end up find none of them.

Sorry to be a thorn on your eye. I was surprise this brain storming moves so quickly....Was this morning p3 now to p7 already.... so I think I have to fire a few warning shoots.

these people got it on GPU
http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems..._ch35.html

" Pattern matching algorithms analyze pieces of the network data stream and compare data patterns (signatures) against a database of known viruses. These signature patterns can be fairly complex, composed of different-size strings, wild characters, range constraints, and sometimes recursive forms....

... over many tens of thousands of signatures. The different signature lengths, wild characters, and range constraints require each input byte to be read and processed many times. In addition, many bytes of state are kept in flight while the matching operation is being done. Figure 35-3 gives an example of comparing the input data against a virus signature
"
the input data against a virus signature

.... hmmm could not see the open source .....

Last but not least I would bring back the idea fighting a dragon by packing its head.
(05-28-2012, 10:30 PM)Hash-IT Wrote: This part of your code...

Code:
mp64.exe --start-at=HAAAAAAA --stop-at=HZZZZZZZ H?u?u?u?u?u?u?u

I am not criticising but do you need to put the min and max ?

I always like to reduce code if possible and I wondered if this would do the same...

Code:
mp64.exe H?u?u?u?u?u?u?u

Oh yea silly me, tired I guess. Well i'm not stopping it now as it been running too long and this really is taking ages. Its been running over 7hr and it only got to "HBCYIFDZ" Undecided Hmmm... This may a few days to do single character!!

(05-28-2012, 10:30 PM)Hash-IT Wrote: A is going to be the worst one to do as it takes so long before anything happens. I wonder if I can start mp.exe at a better start point to move it on a bit. I think AABAAAAA might be ok. I dare not do it until someone approves my idea as I don't want to miss any !!
I like this, anything that could speed this up would be a big help now. You are correct, here's the start word of "A" "AABCEDFG"

(05-29-2012, 02:19 AM)ntk Wrote: I personnally met two real router passwords.
4gZaY34e -4 appears 2x-
pypkpswD - p apear 3 x-

Thanks ntk for you input, all good points. If we added loweralpha or numeric to the mix these lists would explode exponentially in size, plus you should be able to do this with rules but I am curious what brand of routers they are especially the one with 3 P's.

(05-29-2012, 02:19 AM)ntk Wrote: aXaaYaaaZ can still be a very valid and hard to recover password.

be careful with taken out MNOP. ABCDEF

Removing obvious combination such as WERT FGHJ ZXCVBN should be not recommendable,too.

you shoot yourself in the foot, if you try too hard to "dictate" what people "would" not use such as BAcPOrtA. 987ABC321 is a very nice password to remember, and obvious I read somewhere about art to guessing password by people's lazy behaviour using such key combinations. That is an art, because there are people who realy set it.

This for me anyway is more targeted at one router in particularly and what the default password would be. Could always use rules to add bits back in and just use this as a base.

(05-29-2012, 02:19 AM)ntk Wrote: these people got it on GPU
http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems..._ch35.html
Interesting.....
the one with 3p is virgin (UK)

mp64 runs on CPU not GPU, can it be run in more then one instances without reducing speed, if we have enough space? CPU supports SSE2 feature can it be used somehow? Has it used already.

Yes the speed worrying me too, and the size I have to delete a lot of files to make space for the n line ...

4gZaY34e is BT (UK) router WPA2/CMPK