Start From Stop At Brute Force
I couldn't see this in the wiki so I assume it is not possible but I thought I would ask anyway, as I always seem to be the last to know about new things !!

With maskprocessor I can add these instructions...

--start-at= --stop-at=

This is useful if I want to brute force WPA. Some 8 character upper only passwords are brute-forcable now. I can do a character in 24 hours so the whole lot can be done in 26 days. It is useful to be able to break these down to smaller amounts rather than 24 hour periods. I have made it so maskprocessor breaks it down into 12 hours parts.

I know I can pipe maskprocessor to hashcat-plus to get the desired effect but it would be much neater to be able to do this with just hashcat-plus commands.

Also I guess I would retain the estimated time to completion if this was possible. At the moment when piping from maskprocessor I loose that.

Actually if we cannot do this directly in hashcat-plus, can you please take this as a feature request ?
Big Grin
Thank you.
Thumbs up for these options in oclHashcat-plus:
Code:
-s,  --pw-skip=NUM                 Start cracking at NUM
-f,  --pw-skip-plain=STR           Like --pw-skip, but start cracking at STR
(06-01-2012, 02:09 AM)M@LIK Wrote: Thumbs up for these options in oclHashcat-plus:

Thanks.

To split passwords ending in "A" into 2 sessions I do this in maskprocessor.

--start-at=AAAAAAAA --stop-at=NZZZZZZA ?u?u?u?u?u?u?uA

Then the second half ....

--start-at=NZZZZZZA --stop-at=ZZZZZZZA ?u?u?u?u?u?u?uA

Something similar in hashcat-plus would be fantastic. Big Grin
just set proper masks.
(06-01-2012, 09:00 AM)undeath Wrote: just set proper masks.

Thanks for your idea, however I am not clever enough to work this out.

I understand how to start from a certain place but not how to stop at one.

Could you please provide an example of how I could achieve the equivalent of the following just using masks ?

--start-at=AAAAAAAA --stop-at=NZZZZZZA ?u?u?u?u?u?u?uA

Then the second half ....

--start-at=NZZZZZZA --stop-at=ZZZZZZZA ?u?u?u?u?u?u?uA

Thank you.
Is this it ?

A?u?u?u?u?u?uA
B?u?u?u?u?u?uA
C?u?u?u?u?u?uA
D?u?u?u?u?u?uA
etc

If so it is a little messy as 26 lines of code are required instead of 2 !!! I must have this wrong.
Sad
1. use custom charsets
2. ???
3. profit!
Hmm.... Sad

I'm not sure how to proceed with that. If I start messing about with custom character sets I might make a mistake and not make a complete pass, missing out the password.

I don't see anything better or neater than having --start-at= --stop-at=.

As far as I can work out there would have to be many lines of code in my script which is something I always try to avoid.

undeath, have you actually managed to write such a script or are you just suggesting it as a possibility ?

Thank you.
what exactly do you think you could leave out?
instance one: -1 ABCDEFGHIJKLM
instance two: -1 NOPQRSTUVWXYZ

nothing easier, neater and more universal.
(06-02-2012, 01:06 AM)undeath Wrote: what exactly do you think you could leave out?
instance one: -1 ABCDEFGHIJKLM
instance two: -1 NOPQRSTUVWXYZ

nothing easier, neater and more universal.

If I split up the character set like that what happens if the password is ANBOFSJV ? Some of each set ?

I am not trying to be difficult but I just don't understand how this can be done simply with masks and custom character sets....sorry Sad