Slow speed values for DEScrypt crack
I'm trying to crack some DEScrypt hashes but i get really slow speed values like 8468.9k/s but i know my GPU and CUDA are working fine..Infact with CUDA example i get a speed around 685.0M/s..I'm trying with oclHashcat-Lite from the hashcat-gui..(selecting hashcat-plus i get syntax errors) Any tips to increase speed?
Cuda example is not DES. You forgot to write your card model but if on sample it's so slow seems DES speed is normal.
(06-25-2012, 04:20 AM)KT819GM Wrote: Cuda example is not DES. You forgot to write your card model but if on sample it's so slow seems DES speed is normal.

Yes Cuda example could be MD5 if i'm not wrong..My model is GTX 260 GainWard Golden Sample 1792 GB of RAM. So the slower values in DES are normal? Is DES more difficult to calculate than MD5?
Absolutely.
(06-25-2012, 09:15 AM)M@LIK Wrote: Absolutely.
Thanks for the answers : ), now im trying to make a list of DES hashes but i can't figure out how i can pass the file to hash cat, it gives me syntax error..How can i achieve that? It seems that oclhashcat-plus doesn't recognize "--attack" option while oclhashcat-lite supports one DES hash at a time..Thank you guys for any tips Wink
read the --help screen. There is not --attack option.
descrypt hashes are slow. even with OMP on a quad core processor, you will get around 30M c/s at max.

Expect the same from a Good GPU.

ATI HD 7970 should give you a better speed like around 83 Mhashes/sec from what I remember.
With old drivers even faster (around 100M) but then AMD changed something and it felt back to 83M