Rule/process to truncate dictionary on spaces?
#1
I am cracking some passwords that could be truncated versions of passwords in my dictionary.

My dictionary has about 1000 lines and each line (each password) is up to 256 characters long.

1. Truncate last character for every line in dictionary list, try whole dictionary again.
Code:
synopses uninjured synopses uninjure synopses uninjur ...
I'm guessing this is the easiest and can make use of the ] rule. Some of my passwords are very long and it seems like there is a limit to how long a rule attack guess can be. Can maybe process this with python instead.

2. Truncate last word for every line in dictionary list, try with and without basic mask. Only split on words (spaces).
With mask of ?d?d
Code:
synopses uninjured synopses uninjured00 synopses uninjured01 ... synopses uninjured10 synopses uninjured11 ... synopses synopses00

A pure dictionary is seconds on my machine. So I think method #1 would still brute fast enough?

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=rule_based_attack
Reply