Yesterday, 04:24 AM
(This post was last modified: 11 hours ago by Chick3nman.)
Hi all,
I'm trying to recover a single-DES (ECB) key from a legacy embedded billing/metering system. I have a confirmed known-plaintext/ciphertext pair (verified independently, not guessed):
hashcat -m 14000 -a 3 "[removed by admin]" --hex-charset -1 charsets\DES_even.charset ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
(charset = all even bytes 00-FE, since the key's parity bits don't matter — true 2^56 keyspace)
Running solo on a laptop RTX 2050 (~11 GH/s), ETA is ~73 days. Would anyone with spare GPU time be willing to contribute via Hashtopolis, or run a chunk of the keyspace independently? Happy to coordinate and share progress. Thanks!
I'm trying to recover a single-DES (ECB) key from a legacy embedded billing/metering system. I have a confirmed known-plaintext/ciphertext pair (verified independently, not guessed):
hashcat -m 14000 -a 3 "[removed by admin]" --hex-charset -1 charsets\DES_even.charset ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
(charset = all even bytes 00-FE, since the key's parity bits don't matter — true 2^56 keyspace)
Running solo on a laptop RTX 2050 (~11 GH/s), ETA is ~73 days. Would anyone with spare GPU time be willing to contribute via Hashtopolis, or run a chunk of the keyspace independently? Happy to coordinate and share progress. Thanks!
