Unknown error (modes 1410/1420)
#1
I'm trying to test the new SHA256 salted modes, that's what I have:

left.txt
Code:
00000356c718c35fa3XXXXXXXXXXc29a8b402a8b1e059da705e0a2f1a4722aa0 000045537060b68d27XXXXXXXXXXe905d8b70516b1d718efc5a369824dc97d0e 00019c94c3fbbe5e45XXXXXXXXXXcf048b6d508a8d162fab835cb5da5e32893c 0002695578235df2d6XXXXXXXXXXbdfcdb6d8049fce744287f7696172a549b91 000290cdeb257acaacXXXXXXXXXX083c3c190fea2fc8a7f9e31fea3b7ccef586 000294d31fcfc12373XXXXXXXXXX8fd0bb926766bafcf4b291c138a4fb800751 0002965f0d2ae13ff8XXXXXXXXXX2217a84a7acfba7eaf5105ce9f0dff009dd3 000300c3507f2394d4XXXXXXXXXX6207187fcdc29b4529ea81ab13f8a14493a2 000331e8f0ef8be3dcXXXXXXXXXX24539802a63b9d3b5ad0ce32fd4621fee1b5 00036fd7384c2d405bXXXXXXXXXX3218b9cccaa79fe48c634a09f635a1f07514

sha256.salt contains salts from 00 to 99

Command and result:
Code:
./hashcat-cli32.bin --hash-mode 1420 --output-file found.txt --salt-file sha256.salt left.txt dic.dic Initializing hashcat v0.40 by atom with 8 threads and 32mb segment-size... NOTE: press enter for status-screen Added external salts from file sha256.salt: 100 salts Skipping line: 00000356c718c35fa3XXXXXXXXXXc29a8b402a8b1e059da705e0a2f1a4722aa0 (unknown error) Skipping line: 000045537060b68d27XXXXXXXXXXe905d8b70516b1d718efc5a369824dc97d0e (unknown error) Skipping line: 00019c94c3fbbe5e45XXXXXXXXXXcf048b6d508a8d162fab835cb5da5e32893c (unknown error) Skipping line: 0002695578235df2d6XXXXXXXXXXbdfcdb6d8049fce744287f7696172a549b91 (unknown error) Skipping line: 000290cdeb257acaacXXXXXXXXXX083c3c190fea2fc8a7f9e31fea3b7ccef586 (unknown error) Skipping line: 000294d31fcfc12373XXXXXXXXXX8fd0bb926766bafcf4b291c138a4fb800751 (unknown error) Skipping line: 0002965f0d2ae13ff8XXXXXXXXXX2217a84a7acfba7eaf5105ce9f0dff009dd3 (unknown error) Skipping line: 000300c3507f2394d4XXXXXXXXXX6207187fcdc29b4529ea81ab13f8a14493a2 (unknown error) Skipping line: 000331e8f0ef8be3dcXXXXXXXXXX24539802a63b9d3b5ad0ce32fd4621fee1b5 (unknown error) Skipping line: 00036fd7384c2d405bXXXXXXXXXX3218b9cccaa79fe48c634a09f635a1f07514 (unknown error) No hashes loaded

PS: I've tried 1410 and 1420 and I get the same error.
#2
Maybe -e is the problem? Please try with regular hashes.
#3
Thanks atom, it works if I add a random salt to the hash, like:
Code:
00000356c718c35fa3XXXXXXXXXXc29a8b402a8b1e059da705e0a2f1a4722aa0:00 000045537060b68d27XXXXXXXXXXe905d8b70516b1d718efc5a369824dc97d0e:01 00019c94c3fbbe5e45XXXXXXXXXXcf048b6d508a8d162fab835cb5da5e32893c:02 0002695578235df2d6XXXXXXXXXXbdfcdb6d8049fce744287f7696172a549b91:03

But I don't know the salts so I thought I could use salts like the brute-oscommerce.salt file. Definitely is not possible to use a list of salts?
#4
Sorry I completely forgot one of the forum rules, now hashes are masked.
#5
Fixed with hashcat-cli beta, thanks Rub3nCT Smile.
#6
(08-24-2012, 06:24 PM)Xanadrel Wrote: Fixed with hashcat-cli beta, thanks Rub3nCT Smile.
Thanks guys. It will be possible to get a copy of this beta only for this time?

By the way I have a temp workaround if someone is interested, using rules instead of a salt file: salt-emulator.rule contains from ^0^0 to ^9^9

But if I do that I won't be able to use another rulesets, so I've coded a quick perl script to combine rulesets:

RuleCombinator.pl
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl use v5.10; use strict; use warnings; print "\n Input rule set 1: "; chomp (my $rule1 = <STDIN>); open (RULE1, "$rule1") || die "Error: Cannot open $rule1!"; my @rule1 = <RULE1>; close (RULE1); print "\n Input rule set 2: "; chomp (my $rule2 = <STDIN>); open (RULE2, "$rule2") || die "Error: Cannot open $rule2!"; my @rule2 = <RULE2>; close (RULE2); print "\n Output file: "; chomp (my $out = <STDIN>); open (OUT, ">>$out") || die "Error: Cannot open $out!"; foreach my $line1 (@rule1) { chomp $line1; foreach my $line2 (@rule2) { chomp $line2; say OUT "$line1$line2"; } } close (OUT);

Now I can crack the salted hashes with the non salted mode (1400), I just need to delete the first two chars of the found list. Everything seems to be possible with hashcat and a little brain, nice work guys.
#7
Quote:Everything seems to be possible with hashcat and a little brain, nice work guys.

Truth.
#8
There is also combinator.bin in hashcat-utils
#9
(08-25-2012, 10:09 AM)atom Wrote: There is also combinator.bin in hashcat-utils
Lol, I also forgot it Smile
#10
The previous bug is fixed, but there is still another bug with the --remove flag. You can do the following to test it:

sha256.salt contains salts from 00 to 10.

hash.hash contains:
Code:
dee57cd0c1d967776da5fe2d059fb4350d969c57e7b66a4b831bd9ee09a098dd d4935ac76fb5d0fd116756a9f38669d56702d7af6ec1a4d5ef6a6f1f634ef2b1 9ac7122f66ace461cc6de718af3a8bf49b4ed7981c318451f0364a905e859afb 22306600cdd6de667d90ec584acafebe3bca06f412ed186a83c2654f27c384d2 6c7e36f0326937a9213961746330afc6fecb49b89f07db3dbc6889b93f83993b 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

dic.dic contains only "1234".

Command line and result:
Code:
hashcat-cli64 -m 1420 -e sha256.salt --remove hash.hash dic.dic Initializing hashcat v0.41 by atom with 8 threads and 32mb segment-size... Added external salts from file sha256.salt: 100 salts Added hashes from file hash.hash: 6 (100 salts) NOTE: press enter for status-screen dee57cd0c1d967776da5fe2d059fb4350d969c57e7b66a4b831bd9ee09a098dd:00:1234 d4935ac76fb5d0fd116756a9f38669d56702d7af6ec1a4d5ef6a6f1f634ef2b1:01:1234 9ac7122f66ace461cc6de718af3a8bf49b4ed7981c318451f0364a905e859afb:02:1234 22306600cdd6de667d90ec584acafebe3bca06f412ed186a83c2654f27c384d2:03:1234 6c7e36f0326937a9213961746330afc6fecb49b89f07db3dbc6889b93f83993b:04:1234 Input.Mode: Dict (dic.dic) Index.....: 1/1 (segment), 1 (words), 6 (bytes) Recovered.: 5/6 hashes, 0/100 salts Speed/sec.: - plains, - words Progress..: 1/1 (100.00%)

Now the hash.hash file contains:
Code:
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000:00 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000:01 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000:02 ... 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000:99