OCLHashCat V.24 When?
Hi,

I am having a similiar (if not exactly the same) problem as J0ker had on his ATI cards. When using MD5(salt$,pass$) the password is found but not displayed in the output (either on screen or to a file), in its place beside the hash value is the salt value.

example - - 0f0872d8cb0cd254778208c365648f4f:geesaltvl:

I noticed that you mentioned to J0ker that you have this fixed in v.24 and sent him a link, I was wondering when this version may be released?? Huh

Thanks
gee, i remember there was such an issue in a very old oclhashcat version. i can not reproduce this on v0.23. neither on ATI nor on NV. make sure you have the latest version installed. oh and v0.24 is ready for release. i just wait for the ATI SDK upgrade because it requires to recompile the binary kernels.
I am likely doing something wrong. How do you do a simple attack? Your example shows with four lower case in front;

oclHashcat.exe -o cracked.txt example.hash ?l?l?l?l example.dict

but what if you are just trying to test the word as it is in the dictionary. I get an my funny results when I try,

oclHashcat.exe -o cracked.txt example.hash ? example.dict

GEE

(10-26-2010, 09:34 AM)atom Wrote: gee, i remember there was such an issue in a very old oclhashcat version. i can not reproduce this on v0.23. neither on ATI nor on NV. make sure you have the latest version installed. oh and v0.24 is ready for release. i just wait for the ATI SDK upgrade because it requires to recompile the binary kernels.
for plain dictionary attack use cpu hashcat
update: use either hashcat or oclHashcat+