Hi new here and couple of ?'s
Always the noobs asking ?'s, right? LOL Here we go; Names Tommie C, 55, Vancouver B.C. been doing mostly JTR for a while, and see I recognize some of the folks here from other boards I've been on. Found u from the Korelogic board and decided to have a look, Glad i did! Love the prog, (using the GUI), with great success. Congrats on the KL challenge to all those involved!! I read all the posts here that I thought might ans this for me but didn't see what I am looking for, so I hope I'm not repeating some other post.

first is speed issue and I'm pretty sure I know the ans but I need to be sure.
word list vs. rules, Is it faster to use c command when writing rules or to use 2 word lists one all lower case and one capitalized and no c command?

eg: ci00i10
ci00i11
i00i10
i00i11
so u either have a rule that's twice the size or u have two word lists that's twice the size, which is the better way to go?
PS I noticed all the KL rules are using the c command, and also in the ADD ones rule there's no 5, LOL. Took me a while to notice this, I goes from adding 4 ones to adding six.

FORGET SECOND ? I found the answer DUH i feel real dumb!!! Just put {SSHA} in front of the hash and presto!!!

next whats the format for doing ssha hashes. from the KL file i get this:

aagre:{SSHA}IwylNCheBGi1FylOUsjOsshtDc1UVHZKMlcyLg==:123::::::

I tried this: aagre:{SSHA}IwylNCheBGi1FylOUsjOsshtDc1UVHZKMlcyLg==

then this: aagre:IwylNCheBGi1FylOUsjOsshtDc1UVHZKMlcyLg==

and even this: IwylNCheBGi1FylOUsjOsshtDc1UVHZKMlcyLg

and this: IwylNCheBGi1FylOUsjOsshtDc1UVHZKMlcyLg==
but none worked, kept getting the skipping line error line too long or something. I know the prog uses just the hashes i believe. No user, no ssha just hash but that didn't work either so I figure I have to convert the hashes or something?? Thanks for any help in advance! Glad to be a new member willing and able!
(11-03-2010, 01:33 AM)Tommie_c Wrote: Always the noobs asking ?'s, right? LOL Here we go; Names Tommie C, 55, Vancouver B.C. been doing mostly JTR for a while, and see I recognize some of the folks here from other boards I've been on. Found u from the Korelogic board and decided to have a look, Glad i did! Love the prog, (using the GUI), with great success. Congrats on the KL challenge to all those involved!! I read all the posts here that I thought might ans this for me but didn't see what I am looking for, so I hope I'm not repeating some other post.

welcome to hashcat world :-)

Quote:first is speed issue and I'm pretty sure I know the ans but I need to be sure.
word list vs. rules, Is it faster to use c command when writing rules or to use 2 word lists one all lower case and one capitalized and no c command?

eg: ci00i10
ci00i11
i00i10
i00i11
so u either have a rule that's twice the size or u have two word lists that's twice the size, which is the better way to go?

if you have 4 rules you save the word loading phase from disc, otherwise you save the rule processing phase. in theory speed should be nearly the same. why not meassuring it for yourself? use the time command on shell.

Quote:FORGET SECOND ? I found the answer DUH i feel real dumb!!! Just put {SSHA} in front of the hash and presto!!!

exactly :-)
thanks Atom, after testing both methods the difference is not worth mentioning. 6 of 1 half dozen of the other!!LOL Have a ? on hash types but I see in some other posts u have said it is not ok to post hashes in the forum. I think what ill do is PM U on what to do. Thanks again