Rules not working with Combination Attack in OCLHashCat-Plus?
Hi, friends.
I do suspect that "-r" parameter is not working when used with combinator (-a 1) attack. So I wanna begin by asking if this command line is correct:

Code:
oclHashcat-plus64.exe -m 2500 -r MyRules.rule HandShakeWPA.hccap -a 1 Dictionary01.txt Dictionary02.txt

I make this question because I obtain exactly the same results (same keyspace number, but I have two rules inside "MyRules.rule" file) by using this other command (the same, but without "-r" parameter):

Code:
oclHashcat-plus64.exe -m 2500 HandShakeWPA.hccap -a 1 Dictionary01.txt Dictionary02.txt

Maybe rules are not intended to work with "-a 1" combination attack?
I can read this on screen (in the first case):

Code:
Rules.Type.....: File (MyRules.rule)
Input.Base.....: File (Dictionary01.txt)
Input.Mod......: File (Dictionary02.txt)

so I think this could be a bug in OCLHashCat-plus: it is ignoring rules when using combination attack.
If necessary I can post details of dictionaries and rules file.

What do you think?

Thanks you.
multirules only apply to straight mode. they do not work with other modes, including combinator mode.

the only rules that work with combinator mode are single rules (-j & -k)
Thumbs Up 
I have tested what you say, and you are right. Thanks for answering, epixoip.
Even then, I suggest any kind of message. Something like:

Code:
WARNING: Rules do not apply to this attack mode. -r parameter will be ignored.

instead of the

Code:
Rules.Type.....: File (MyRules.rule)
Input.Base.....: File (Dictionary01.txt)
Input.Mod......: File (Dictionary02.txt)
message that makes the user think the program is trying to use the rules.

Er... excuse me, but I don't know how the method of reporting works. Should I propose this at "Feature Requests" forum or similar?

Thanks again.
You can use combinator.bin from hashcat-utils and pipe the stuff to oclHashcat-plus and use multi rules on there.
(01-15-2013, 01:10 PM)atom Wrote: You can use combinator.bin from hashcat-utils and pipe the stuff to oclHashcat-plus and use multi rules on there.

Hey, it is true! :-D Even in Windows, I have just checked it!
I suggest adding it to docs, at "Rules" section.

Thanks you.