catalyst 13.1
Hi

a new Catalyst version (13.1) has been released by AMD.
can you compile a new version that supports this version?
(01-23-2013, 08:59 PM)beuteltier Wrote: Hi

a new Catalyst version (13.1) has been released by AMD.
can you compile a new version that supports this version?

You might be interested in this thread.
Hash-IT is right linking to that thread, however the world is spinning. We have to move on with catalyst as well, as bad as they are and as long as they dont segfault or produce invalid results. If performance drops then its like that, well there is nothing i can do against. But there are new cards like the 7970m that require 12.8+ drivers to work and this is a good reason. In other words, next version will be using cat 13.1
I remember similar situation with NV.
When they released CUDA 3.2(which required 260.xx), there was a HUGE speed loss, but oclhc was using OpenCL for NV then.
I was using the old version of oclhc and old drivers(25x.xx).
Everything was running fast(no goddamn 30% speed drops), but in the end, I had to upgrade, since so many features have been implemented, yet I was unable to use them.
Atom & Hash-It
Have you any idea when you will release the next version? I have a HD7970M and can't use Catalyst 12.8. ( Catalyst 12.10 minimum)

If you need someone to run beta testing, I would be delighted. We have two dell alienware mx17R4's here with hd7970m cards which we has hoped would be capable of hashcatting!

Thanks for your hard work.
Sykopuppy
Somewhere this week
I just upgraded to catalyst 13.1 and oclHashcat 0.13.

Win 7 x64, 2x7990.

I used to exhaust my WPA list in 13 hours, now hashcat is estimating 18 hours. Ouch! Of note, the card fans are a lot quieter, and hashcat is showing less than 50% fan speed. Also, utilization is only showing 80% for both GPU.

Damn you ATI, and your shitty, shitty driver.
Post your command line, it should not be so different.