wpa/wpa2 minimum and maximum password
Its neither oclHashcat that is crash nor the driver. Its a feature. Use this regedit change to disable WDDM recovery. Works for NVIDIA and AMD.

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=timeout_patch
(01-25-2013, 11:58 AM)atom Wrote: Its a feature.

ha ha love it !! I find lots of useful "features" with windows.

I have to say I didn't know your windows fix was available so I haven't installed it until now, however I have been using Win 7 64 bit for a while with no issues at all using oclhashcat-plus. It has been running full speed for months !!! This is why I was suprised at hoze's comment.

Thanks for the reg fix, I will install it, just in case !
It comes up if you raise -n and -u a lot to get more speed. For WPA you can up to -u 4096
(01-25-2013, 01:20 PM)atom Wrote: It comes up if you raise -n and -u a lot to get more speed. For WPA you can up to -u 4096

Ah, then i have experienced it. I assumed I had overclocked too far at the time. I will install your windows fix and have fun overclocking ! Smile

Thanks.
(01-24-2013, 10:43 PM)Hash-IT Wrote:
(01-24-2013, 09:45 PM)hoze Wrote: Win 7 isn't stable. Sometime crash the video driver...

Really ? Sad

I use Win7 64bit and I think quite a few others do. If you think you have found a bug with oclhashcat-plus with Win7 please join Trac and report it.

I suspect you may find you have a hardware issue or perhaps you are overclocking too much. Take a look through these forums for similar problems first.

Now I change video card to Gigabyte HD 7970 and NO driver crashing in Win7 .Overclocked GPU clock to 1100 and memory clock to 1450 and running fine without crashing. Old card was Ati HD 5670, yes little overclocked, so maybe becouse of that the driver's crashed.
(01-25-2013, 11:58 AM)atom Wrote: Its neither oclHashcat that is crash nor the driver. Its a feature. Use this regedit change to disable WDDM recovery. Works for NVIDIA and AMD.

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=timeout_patch

Thanks for patch link.
Thanks for the info atom Smile
(01-25-2013, 02:20 PM)hoze Wrote: Now I change video card to Gigabyte HD 7970 and NO driver crashing in Win7 .Overclocked GPU clock to 1100 and memory clock to 1450 and running fine without crashing.

Thanks for letting us know ! Smile

Congratulations, nice GPU you have !

If you want to learn more about how brute force / mask attack works I suggest you take a look at maskprocessor and send the output to a text file. You get instant result so you can see how things come out. Be careful though, maskprocessor is VERY fast and you will end up with massive text files unless you plan ahead !

You can stop it at any time by simply closing the command window.

Here is the wiki page about it.
(01-25-2013, 02:37 PM)Hash-IT Wrote:
(01-25-2013, 02:20 PM)hoze Wrote: Now I change video card to Gigabyte HD 7970 and NO driver crashing in Win7 .Overclocked GPU clock to 1100 and memory clock to 1450 and running fine without crashing.

Thanks for letting us know ! Smile

Congratulations, nice GPU you have !

If you want to learn more about how brute force / mask attack works I suggest you take a look at maskprocessor and send the output to a text file. You get instant result so you can see how things come out. Be careful though, maskprocessor is VERY fast and you will end up with massive text files unless you plan ahead !

You can stop it at any time by simply closing the command window.

Here is the wiki page about it.

Planing next week to upgrade my comp with one more HD 7970. Now I have PSU Chieftec 600w. Can I somehow to use 1 more external PSU for another card or must change this for better PSU ? BTW thanks for "maskprocessor" link. Great tool!
(01-25-2013, 02:43 PM)hoze Wrote: BTW thanks for "maskprocessor" link. Great tool!

It is a good tool and great for learning with immediate results.

(01-25-2013, 02:43 PM)hoze Wrote: Planing next week to upgrade my comp with one more HD 7970. Now I have PSU Chieftec 600w. Can I somehow to use 1 more external PSU for another card or must change this for better PSU ?

You can run a separate power supply, talk to Blandy about this. We are straying off topic now but if you have any more questions about hardware or other things we have the "General Talk" and "Hardware" forum here.