Can someone please explane fev thing about hashcat to me
Ok hi gays, its great pleasure to be here and to use oclhashcat,
lately I started to use cudahashcat-plus32 its great tool and have
set of incredibile tools I love to "try" using it and experimenting with it but,
when I try to use some complex things omg its so painfull some times Sad

So I started to read wiki, but in wiki I found just some basic stuff, premairly in wiki isnt
writed anything about limitation of individual atacks (-a) thing and there are only a few good examples

here in forum I found some explanations about some things but stil I have some questions
please correct me if my sintax is wrong

1) In (-a 1) combinator attack I cant use how its caled rules ? Is this correct ?
e.g
Code:
./cudaHashcat-plus32.bin -a 1 -m 2500 ./handshake.hccap ./wordlist1.ls ./wordlist2.ls ?l?l
or
Code:
./cudaHashcat-plus32.bin -a 1 -m 2500 ./handshake.hccap ./wordlist1.ls ?l?l ./wordlist2.ls ?l?l

2)so there are "rules" rule for left and right dict, in wiki http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=combinator_attack isnt writen any good example so I want to apply to left dict at end to be letter i, here is my example

Code:
./cudaHashcat-plus32.bin -a 1 -m 2500 -j $i ./handshake.hccap ./wordlist1.ls ./wordlist2.ls
or
Code:
./cudaHashcat-plus32.bin -a 1 -m 2500 ./handshake.hccap -j $i ./wordlist1.ls ./wordlist2.ls

it does not seam to work, and I do not know where to put -j after what or is not important

If I use -j $- like in wiki to apply - at end of word and it works, but why do not work with some letter

3) Is there a way to see example of word when attack is in progres ?

4) In cudahascat-plus --help there is Attack modes:

0 = Straight
1 = Combination
3 = Brute-force
6 = Hybrid dict + mask
7 = Hybrid mask + dict

but in wiki there is no anything about this ones, I found

Combinator attack
Dictionary attack
Fingerprint attack
Hybrid attack
Mask attack
Permutation attack
Rule-based attack

all this are partially explaned and there is no way to figure out how to use Hybrid dict + mask
or Hybrid mask + dict because on each page for for the same thing diferent word is used, why ?
1) No, you can not use -r rules in combinator attack. You can, however, use -j and -k single rules. You can also use the combinator tool from hashcat-utils to combine the both dictionaries and pipe the output into oclHashcat-plus. This would allow you to use rules in combination mode.

2) You need to quote your input, since your shell will $ interpret as shell variable. Use -j '$-' for example.

3) Only with hashcat (CPU version) when using the --stdout parameter

4) The wiki does not include everything you maybe expect from it. This is because someone need to write the articles. If you want to do it, you are free to do so Smile Regarding your question, the -a 6 mode is if you want the brute-force (in form of a mask) part on the right side and the -a 7 mode is if you want it on the left side.
I did not get mail Sad for sub on this third strange but not important Smile
Hey atom your answer is like oh ... a gift from heaven Big Grin thank u very very much

U know what I will write in wiki, starting forom now but there are some things that I do not understand
so when I learn some things I will love to write it down Smile

Thank you for developing this tool Smile and for helping me to figure out this puzzle Smile