Problem with conversion from .cap to .hccap
Hey hashcat users!

I tried to crack for educational purposes my own WIFI (WPA) password.
I got from The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) (Backtrack 6) a .cap file.
Because I knew the password already I was able to "crack" (proof) the password with aircrack-ng.
Then I tried to crack the the captured file with oclHashcat-plus.
To do this I converted the .cap file with the online converter of hashcat.net into a .hccap file.
But when loading this file into oclHashcat-plus and trying to crack it with the same password, it didn't found/accepted the correct password.

Can you imagine what I've done wrong?

Thank you very much!
Rabbitz
Did you clean the file first with wpaclean ?
BTW, I've added wpaclean to online converter
I really don't want to go against anything said here, but in my personal experience I have had nothing but trouble when using WPAClean.

In fact I found it corrupted .caps so badly and so often I asked Blandy to remove it from his automated windows tool.

Perhaps it is only me who experiences or notices this with WPAClean in which case it must be entirely my fault, however I am sure I am using it correctly.
Sad 
(04-11-2013, 02:47 PM)Hash-IT Wrote: I really don't want to go against anything said here, but in my personal experience I have had nothing but trouble when using WPAClean.

In fact I found it corrupted .caps so badly and so often I asked Blandy to remove it from his automated windows tool.

Perhaps it is only me who experiences or notices this with WPAClean in which case it must be entirely my fault, however I am sure I am using it correctly.

It is not only you,

[Image: 233808b8pmgd42tz1mt0d2.png.thumb.jpg]
Why not use aircrack-ng ?

Code:
aircrack-ng -J file.cap hashcatfile