help
HI, I am new to hashcat. I was using hashcat GUI try to crack md5 passwords. I set the hash file, rule, the output is default. I added the worldlist. But after I click the button power of the atom, in the cmd, It always skipping line:xxxxxxxxxx <line length exception>. And said no hashes loaded at last line. What' wrong.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You are using the wrong hash type. set the hash type before you power of the atom
MD5 is default mode and he wrote he wants to crack MD5. So, I assume that there is dummy space at the end of every line.
yah bro need to convert the hashes in typical format,check by hand if everything is fine , like said remove spaces and : stuff.

-m 0 is default md5 , so dont know what else i can be.

i try some of the md5 posted from you , work fine to crack , 32 chars and valid.
Do you see that offset of exception message in the picture ? There could be TAB. Just remove all spaces and all control characters expect newline.
(05-11-2013, 06:07 PM)ednj Wrote: You are using the wrong hash type. set the hash type before you power of the atom

the hash type is md5. It is right I think.
(05-11-2013, 06:40 PM)Kuci Wrote: MD5 is default mode and he wrote he wants to crack MD5. So, I assume that there is dummy space at the end of every line.

You are right. there is some space after each line. But after I delete all the space, it still don't work.
(05-11-2013, 10:15 PM)Kuci Wrote: Do you see that offset of exception message in the picture ? There could be TAB. Just remove all spaces and all control characters expect newline.

Hey,man.
I tried again. It worked. Thank you so much.
(05-11-2013, 10:10 PM)ati6990 Wrote: yah bro need to convert the hashes in typical format,check by hand if everything is fine , like said remove spaces and : stuff.

-m 0 is default md5 , so dont know what else i can be.

i try some of the md5 posted from you , work fine to crack , 32 chars and valid.

I finally cracked some hashes. But in the output file, The first cracked password has no space with second hash. It make me very inconvenient to see when the cracked password begin and end. How to make the output file have a certain format?
Well, I guess you're a windows fool, so try to convert ouput's line endings from unix to windows.