Breaking SHA1-HMAC
1. Eula needs to be accepted only once (if you type YES 1. time hashcat will "remember" that it was accepted)
2. the commands end at the newline character, therefore you don't need to specify the password as input of course, otherwise cracking wouldn't make sense. the comand is:
./hashcat-cli64.bin --quiet -m 160 -e external_salts.txt m0160.txt --pw-min 4 -a 3 ?l?l?l?l

the rest is the output, of course: the recovered password , together with hash and matching salt, in format hashConfusedalt:pass
(08-01-2013, 04:23 PM)philsmd Wrote: 1. Eula needs to be accepted only once (if you type YES 1. time hashcat will "remember" that it was accepted)
2. the commands end at the newline character, therefore you don't need to specify the password as input of course, otherwise cracking wouldn't make sense. the comand is:
./hashcat-cli64.bin --quiet -m 160 -e external_salts.txt m0160.txt --pw-min 4 -a 3 ?l?l?l?l

the rest is the output, of course: the recovered password , together with hash and matching salt, in format hashConfusedalt:pass

Thanks - i'll give it a try tonight after work - is it possible to contribute to the hashcat project as a developer or a beta tester? If so how does one get involved?
(08-01-2013, 04:51 PM)toaster Wrote:
(08-01-2013, 04:23 PM)philsmd Wrote: 1. Eula needs to be accepted only once (if you type YES 1. time hashcat will "remember" that it was accepted)

Thanks - i'll give it a try tonight after work - is it possible to contribute to the hashcat project as a developer or a beta tester? If so how does one get involved?

Philmd - I'm getting the following error after trying the suggested help:

Skipping line: 8717XXX45b7cXXX66d9XXX55c6e5b9eXXXXc46c (line length exception)
No hashes loaded