NVidia driver issue, was: oclHashcat-plus v0.15
The readme.txt says:

oclHashcat-plus v0.15
=====================
NV users require ForceWare 319.37 or later

As I reported last month, I had trouble determining whether the problems I was having were due to hashcat or Windows. Following the advice in the NVIDIA forums, I dropped down to ForceWare 314.22, and my system problems stopped.

If any Windows 7 users can report which ForceWare drivers they use succesfully for this new oclHashcat-plus v0.15, I'd be grateful.
(08-25-2013, 03:03 AM)Kgx Pnqvhm Wrote: The readme.txt says:

oclHashcat-plus v0.15
=====================

As I reported last month, I had trouble determining whether the problems I was having were due to hashcat or Windows. Following the advice in the NVIDIA forums, I dropped down to ForceWare 314.22, and my system problems stopped.

If any Windows 7 users can report which ForceWare drivers they use succesfully for this new oclHashcat-plus v0.15, I'd be grateful.
I'm using the 360.80 beta driver just fine. I've noticed a speed drop in WPA2 with the new hashcat release but I am unsure if it has to do with hashcat or the drivers themselves. Or it could be just me having bad memory.

I must say, this is a very impressive release.
(08-25-2013, 04:19 AM)Mangix Wrote: I'm using the 360.80 beta driver just fine.
Hehe, future man.

(08-25-2013, 03:03 AM)Kgx Pnqvhm Wrote: If any Windows 7 users can report which ForceWare drivers they use succesfully for this new oclHashcat-plus v0.15, I'd be grateful.

I am using latest WHQL, everything works fine.
The default tunings seem different, as in higher, so I'm staying with my lower settings that reduce screen drag, for a while, until I see some discussion about the new tuning situation.
(08-25-2013, 03:03 AM)Kgx Pnqvhm Wrote: The readme.txt says:

oclHashcat-plus v0.15
=====================

So yesterday, I updated to the 326.80 beta drivers, and ran a mode 0 attack overnight successfully, then started another one this morning, set the monitor to sleep mode like I usually do, then went away for a while.

When I returned, I could not get the monitor to wake up, or the system to resond in any way, so had to power cycle to regain control.
Should I blame 'hashcat-plus v0.15 or buggy drivers from NVIDIA?

So now I have to downgrade again, but to something 319.37 or above.
But it is well know that the 320 driver series and 500 series cards don't work together.

Unless, is there some way to obtain just what 'hashcat-plus v0.15 needs without installing a whole new driver?
Some reading about the CUDA Toolkit led me to think that there was a separate developer driver that could be independent of the main graphics drivers, but choosing just the graphics drivers from the CUDA Toolkit 5.5 installation updated everything to 320.57.

Is there a way to just update the CUDA drivers alone, to get up to 5.5, and leave the graphics drivers at 314.22?
The developer graphics driver 320.57 from the CUDA Toolkit 5.5 froze my system, too.
So I'm back to 314.22 again until I can find some way to get the CUDA level needed by v0.15.
If I could simply find a Windows 319.37 driver version, that would avoid the 320 curse, but that particular version doesn't seem available.
atom and co-developers,

Since the NVIDIA driver issue is still dragging on, meaning that I still can't yet use a Geforce driver having the needed CUDA 5.5 that is stable, is there a simple way to compile a version of 'hashcat-plus that uses the CUDA runtime cudart.dll?
No, cudaHashcat* uses the driver API, which is completly different to the CUDA runtime
Dude, just use the latest WHQL, it works fine.