Some Invalid Rules - Hashcat v1.00
I created a simple rule set to append popular email domains but hashcat is complaining it cannot convert some of them, any idea as to why?

Out of a list of over 100 the ones below are the problem.

Code:
Cannot convert rule for use on GPU in file rules/append_email_domains.rule in line 30: $@$g$o$o$g$l$e$m$a$i$l$.$c$o$m
Cannot convert rule for use on GPU in file rules/append_email_domains.rule in line 44: $@$b$t$i$n$t$e$r$n$e$t$.$c$o$m
Cannot convert rule for use on GPU in file rules/append_email_domains.rule in line 53: $@$r$e$d$i$f$f$m$a$i$l$.$c$o$m
Cannot convert rule for use on GPU in file rules/append_email_domains.rule in line 55: $@$r$o$c$k$e$t$m$a$i$l$.$c$o$m
Cannot convert rule for use on GPU in file rules/append_email_domains.rule in line 67: $@$m$u$n$d$o$p$o$s$i$t$i$v$o$.$c$o$m$.$b$r
Cannot convert rule for use on GPU in file rules/append_email_domains.rule in line 80: $@$w$i$n$d$o$w$s$l$i$v$e$.$c$o$m
Cannot convert rule for use on GPU in file rules/append_email_domains.rule in line 99: $@$o$p$t$u$s$n$e$t$.$c$o$m$.$a$u
Cannot convert rule for use on GPU in file rules/append_email_domains.rule in line 113: $@$m$a$i$l$i$n$a$t$o$r$.$c$o$m
Cannot convert rule for use on GPU in file rules/append_email_domains.rule in line 120: $@$b$l$u$e$y$o$n$d$e$r$.$c$o$.$u$k
Cannot convert rule for use on GPU in file rules/append_email_domains.rule in line 132: $@$b$i$g$p$o$n$d$.$n$e$t$.$a$u
not all rules are GPU compatible
Thats a shame, but thanks for clearing that up.
you could use -a 1 to achieve the same thing though. just put all the tld's in a file and use it as the right side dict.
(12-21-2013, 02:13 AM)radix Wrote: you could use -a 1 to achieve the same thing though. just put all the tld's in a file and use it as the right side dict.

That's not just a good workaround, it's also the much better strategy for this kind of attack.