oclHashcat on debian (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux)
Hi,
Is it possible to have oclHashcat on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux or it only works on ubuntu? It's strange that I did not find anyone in internet forums who has oclHashcat on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux.

I downloaded and extracted oclHashcat for my amd GPU (radeon hd6770m), but when I try to install it as written in the howto.txt (run
Code:
source ./install
) it does nothing. Or should it do something? I think at least it could set the environment variables, so I can type only oclHashcat.
Also, I've read that I need catalyst driver for it. How do I check if I have it? I also installed amd APP SDK, because I got error: missing OpenCL library. Now when I try to run
Code:
./oclHashcat64.bin
I get
Code:
./oclHashcat64.bin: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./oclHashcat64.bin)
./oclHashcat64.bin: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./oclHashcat64.bin)
BTW what does
Code:
./
or
Code:
mean in linux?
And is it worth having oclHashcat on radeon hd6770m than Hashcat on dual core hyperthreading i5 sandy bridge?
the answer is here:
http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-2222.html
Thanks, but how do I install kernel headers? (BTW what does it do?) I tried apt-get linux-headers and apt-get kernel-headers with no success.
Hmm I downloaded catalyst radeon driver for linux and it says, that my card is not supported although I chose the driver with their dumb " Select the type of system that you have; Select the product family your product belongs to; ...". So I followed the instructions I got from the previous reply link.
I don't know why to install linux-headers and for what, but they say so, so:
Somehow I installed linux-headers and search for catalyst in the packages and found some fglrx for ati radeons, so I installed it.
But first of all, I had to include some links in apt-get/sources.list and run apt-get update, but why? Why there weren't all the package links? Tell me please why.
According to wikipedia fglrx is a radeon driver, but still I get this error in oclHashcat:
Code:
./oclHashcat64.bin: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./oclHashcat64.bin)
./oclHashcat64.bin: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./oclHashcat64.bin)
Ok so I try to install the catalyst driver I downloaded manually from support.amd.com again and it works. WTF? Isn't fglrx the same?, why it would want to install the driver twice? How come my card is no longer unsupported? So I'm stuck with the installation. I need to choose between some SuSE and RedHat packages. There are:
Package generation heading
SuSE/SLE10-IA32
SuSE/SLE10-AMD64
SuSE/SLE11-IA32
SuSE/SLE11-AMD64
SuSE/SLE10-IA32
SuSE/SUSE121-IA32
SuSE/SUSE121-AMD64
SuSE/SUSE122-IA32
SuSE/SUSE122-AMD64
SuSE/SUSE123-IA32
SuSE/SUSE123-AMD64
SuSE/SUSE131-IA32
SuSE/SUSE131-AMD64
and then
Packages for other distributions
and then
RedHat/RHEL5_64a
RedHat/RHEL6_64a
RedHat/RHEL5
RedHat/RHEL6
What the HEL? I have Debian!
What should I choose? I assume Packages for other distributions. But should I continue? I already have fglrx.
please reed http://bluehatrecord.wordpress.com/2014/...rnel-3-14/
its can be helpful
This is a step by step walkthrough, with pictures. If you can read or see you cant fuck it up.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...penCL-Well (Kali)-linux/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I linked to the cached version because his site is a little wonky for me lately.

Before he starts explaining the walkthrough he has a few links to installing headers and whatever else you might need. Very, very easy to follow.

Edit - It is all copy/paste to get everything running BUT once or twice a small piece of code was left out (-e) for example. If/when you get to a spot where the command doesn't work, look at the picture and compare what is in his prompt to the command he has on the page. I got hung up for a half hour because of this.