Can a dictionary be combined with a mask (for unicode) ?
Wink 
I'm using the following to process some "unicode" hashes... they're ASCII though, so every second number is zero. (yeah!)

I'm on 16 characters now (8 character password + a zero after each), and at 100MH/s it's estimated 24 days to complete. Blah.

These are my hash switches:
cudaHashcat64.exe -a 3 -m 300 --outfile-format=15 --outfile-autohex-disable --outfile=passwords.txt --hex-charset REAL.hash -1 ?l?d?u -2 NULL.hcchr ?1?2?1?2?1?2?1?2?1?2?1?2?1?2

I've been learning about dictionary attacks, and using some of the rules that come with the oclHashcat download to reduce the key space by a tremendous amount, while still getting passwords like w3lcome123.

But I've not found anything in the instructions about mixing dictionaries with masks - most of the time I doubt it would even make logical sense.

In this case though, I'm trying to intersperse the dictionary characters with [NULL] as that's how they end up being hashed in the system I'm looking at. So "welcome" actually equals "w0e0l0c0o0m0e0"

So all I have is the brute force approach I've come up with, I see no way of shrinking the permutations.

Does anyone have any ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. You'll never guess what!
sha1_hex(sha1_raw(pass)) (what I was looking for recently) is actually option -m 300.... the same as MySQL.

It would be nice to have a list of the simpler hashes used for the custom hash function list. I only found MySQL was sha1_hex(sha1_raw(pass)) after a lot of looking, yet it certainly deserves a place in the generic hashing list in the --help text.