OFFICE errors from beginner
Sad 
I try following attack from standard hash (office2013 )
$office$*2013*100000... [truncated by philsmd]

./cudaHashcat64.bin -m9600 hash -a 3

i got the following error:

cudaHashcat v1.31 starting...

WARNING: Hash '2013*100000... [truncated by philsmd]': Line-length exception

ERROR: No hashes loaded

What is wrong? the same error occur with the other version of office.

Thanks
1. pls do not post hashes (even if they are from wiki etc, I don't want to look them up and it is just irrelevant, mask them if you really needed)
2. see the version of the hash that you think is used:
$office$*2013*100000...
versus the version that is actually used:
2013*100000...
3. since there is no indication of error in line x of file... I suppose you use this hash directly in the command line (this is my assumption, but this would be the most important thing you need to mention)
4. if you do so, i.e. hash directly in command line, you need to make sure that the shell does not interpret the single parts (or does other stuff with it) before oclHashcat sees it. For instance every $... in most common shells is called a use of a variable e.g. $office means, use the variable with name $office.
To avoid #4 you need to quote it '$office$*2013*100000...' etc.
If this is the case, why do you not test with a hash.txt file to make sure your command line is correct (and you do not need quotes/escapes etc)?
Thanks philsmd!

A beginner error :-)

with the quote it '$office$*2013*...' work very well in the command line and without the quote with the file hash.txt.
(10-28-2014, 07:08 PM)firstfloyd Wrote: Thanks philsmd!

A beginner error :-)

with the quote it '$office$*2013*...' work very well in the command line and without the quote with the file hash.txt.

I'm trying to do the samething, Office 2010 using the
m9500 -a 3 hash.txt

I'm also getting an error line length exception. I don't need to use the quotes for the file from what I've read.. Do I need a masking?