Repeat Characters
Hi all,
is there any way in a brute force attack or mask attack where I can specify the number of times a character is repeated consecutively so I can avoid it trying all of the:
aaaaaaaa
aaaaaaab
aaaaaaac
aaaaaaad...
etc...
Many thanks Smile
like this aaaaaa?l

read the wiki on mask attacks
use PACK https://thesprawl.org/projects/pack/
coolbry95, I meant I wanted to avoid it trying more than 2 or 3 consecutive characters not for it to try all consecutive characters. Also that password analysis only really does anything for already generated wordlists. I'm looking for a way to brute force with my gpu using either a mask or whatever to avoid more than say 2 or 3 sequential characters.
look again at PACK.
(11-16-2014, 01:51 PM)scrapmetal89 Wrote: coolbry95, I meant I wanted to avoid it trying more than 2 or 3 consecutive characters not for it to try all consecutive characters. Also that password analysis only really does anything for already generated wordlists. I'm looking for a way to brute force with my gpu using either a mask or whatever to avoid more than say 2 or 3 sequential characters.

For this you can use maskproccesor to feed oclhashcat:

Quote:$ ./mp32.bin --help
mp by atom, High-Performance word generator with per-position configureable charset

Usage: ./mp32.bin [options]... mask

-q, --seq-max=NUM Maximum number of multiple sequential characters
-r, --occurrence-max=NUM Maximum number of occurrence of a character
usage: ./mp32.bin -r 3 ?l?l?l?l?l?l | ./oclhashcat .....