usage of --show option
I have a list of plain 32 hex sums (no salts), So first off I checked it against my pot file using oclHashcat v1.32.

./oclHashcat64.bin -o outfile.txt hashes.txt --show

Upon checking the outfile I noticed a lot of what seems to me as IPB algos that where recovered by the potfile with the salt and plain appended to the original hash.

But all the hashes recovered, say 50k +/- have 1 char missing from the salt in the outfile, though when grab a few from the outfile to compare with the potfile the salt has 5 chars, not 4 which is being written to the outfile.

why is it dropping 1 salt char when writing checking the potfile? it's the same if i output to terminal.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just my incorrect usage so I hope what I wrote is clear enough.

I don't want to start posting hashes.
You are checking unsalted hashes against your pot file and have salted hashes with improper salt in your output file? Just to make sure I got this correctly.
(01-26-2015, 02:38 AM)undeath Wrote: You are checking unsalted hashes against your pot file and have salted hashes with improper salt in your output file? Just to make sure I got this correctly.

Yeah that's right.
Please make sure you always remember that:
1. -o does always append to the file, it does not override it (to avoid users to lose important data)
2. hex sums is very vague it could be anything. Tell us what the algorithm is and...
3. use the -m switch when using --show, example: ./oclHashcat64.bin -m 0 --show -o outfile.txt hashes.txt
4. what happens when you don't use -o at all ?