Speed Problem with R9 295X2
Hey hashcat forum Smile I finally did it!

Bought today a R9 295X2 and I really LOVE it! But I have some questions about it, maybe I am using hashcat wrong Tongue Here is a screenshot.
http://prntscr.com/5y9pf1
My question now is: Why do they have different speeds? I mean why has the GPU#1 7000MH/s
GPU#2 2000MH/s

Shouldnt they be the same? I mean both at 7000MH/s?

Any solution for that?

The hashtype is Raw-MD5 Tongue

I am using Catalyst 14.12 Omega
You must not read the forums very often.

1. Catalyst 14.12 is horribly, horribly broken and is not to be used. You must use exactly Catalyst 14.9.

2. If you are using 14.12 that means you are also using --force. oclHashcat explicitly tells you not to complain about bugs if you are using --force

3. We've said several times on these forums that the 295X2 is not a good card to use with oclHashcat because it will throttle due to its insane power requirements and low maximum temperature of only 75C.
Ok. I will try the old driver! Maybe it works. Yep. I used --force Tongue

Power Requirements are no problem because I've got a good Power Supply!
Power supply is irrelevant. The 295X2 requires nearly 550W when using oclHashcat, but it is only a 500W card. So the firmware will throttle the GPUs to keep the power draw under 500W. This is what AMD calls "PowerTune." It dynamically manages clocks and voltages to prevent the card from drawing too much power.

The card also has a maximum temperature of 75C, unlike the 290X which has a maximum temperature of 95C. This means if the card starts to get anywhere near 75C, the firmware will throttle the GPUs to keep the temperature down. This limit is way too low, but there's nothing you can do about it.

Both of these things make the 295X2 a poor choice for oclHashcat use.

This has all been explained multiple times before. Search the forums.
hmmm yep I didnt read it before... Any chanche to modify hashcat or the firmware to make it working better?

I installed now 14.9 but it crashes after some minutes. Using currently ocl 1.32

regards
No.
(01-28-2015, 11:58 PM)epixoip Wrote: No.

What would you rather me to do?
Something what I dont understand is, if I do a benchmark I get this MD5 Results.
http://prntscr.com/5yb1eq
Benchmark only runs for a few seconds, not usually enough time for it to throttle.

It's also possible that you were not giving your GPUs enough work to do in your first screenshot.
But a 1600 W PSU like "Super Flower Leadex 80 Plus Titanium" should handle 2 of these cards and a cpu rite? I gona put it under water so temps wont be a issue.