Mask letters and numbers
Hello.

The password is 12 digits. It consists of A-Z 0-9
I know the last 6 characters password.
How to use a mask in order to discover the first 6 characters?
Help me to top up the mask.
it would be something like this

-1 ?d?u ?1?1?1?1?1?1passwo

replace passwo with that you have.
Thanks for your help but unfortunately the error pops up.
I forgot to add that I am using hashcat-gui
version 0.5.0
It can be a problem?

Attached Files
.jpg   error.jpg (Size: 37.09 KB / Downloads: 23)
Not sure how GUI is laid out but there shouldn't be a space between the custom charset you've set ?u ?d

Should be along the line of -1 ?u?d
Read the wiki, the basic usage is all there.
To add on to what Si2006 said hashcat gui is not supported here.
man you guys dont have to be such herks about this guys simple question. Takes a little common sense and half a brain to realize his question really has NOTHING to do with the hashcat gui. He needs help formatting his mask, which again was told WRONG to him. Buddy... if youre still reading this...go to the GUI... Make sure youre in the oclhashcat tab. Make sure you are kn "Brute-Force" under mode. then all you do down on the bottom where it says "Mask" enter the following ?a?a?a?a?a?aWHATYOUKNOW. So what that will do.. is the first 6 unknowns of you password will be tried (?a) "alll", meaning lowercase alphabet, numbers, etc. then follow it with whAtever the portion of ohrase you knkw... lets say it was "pucker". so your mask string will be ?a?a?a?a?a?apucker. Only other thing is on too right of GUI make sure you have your min ans max passeord length.. in this case it should be 12 and 12. Click Goooooooooo!
Actually, his problem does involve the GUI. If he were using the command line, he could have copy/pasted the solution that coolbry95 provided. Instead he fumbled around with what to enter into each box. We do not support that here.

Which brings me to your next point: coolbry95's mask was not wrong, it is the correct solution. Your mask, on the other hand, is wrong, as you failed to properly reduce the keyspace based on the information provided, and thus are performing exponentially more work than the correct solution coolbry95 provided (95^6 vs 36^6.)

It's not exactly wise to show up and start calling people "herks" (jerks?) in your first post on the forums, especially when you are wrong. I would suggest that you idle for a while and learn how these forums operate, as well as learn how the software works, before attempting to help people.
(04-16-2015, 09:44 PM)epixoip Wrote: Actually, his problem does involve the GUI. If he were using the command line, he could have copy/pasted the solution that coolbry95 provided. Instead he fumbled around with what to enter into each box. We do not support that here.

Which brings me to your next point: coolbry95's mask was not wrong, it is the correct solution. Your mask, on the other hand, is wrong, as you failed to properly reduce the keyspace based on the information provided, and thus are performing exponentially more work than the correct solution coolbry95 provided (95^6 vs 36^6.)

It's not exactly wise to show up and start calling people "herks" (jerks?) in your first post on the forums, especially when you are wrong. I would suggest that you idle for a while and learn how these forums operate, as well as learn how the software works, before attempting to help people.

Amen...