[HELP] Read russian,arabic, chinese,ecc.. from a wordlist
Hello everyone,

I have tons of special wordlist with arabic, chinese, russian, eccc. words.

How can I set Hashcat or cudaHashcat to be able to read these characters properly?

(or at least see what string hashcat is processing right now?)
See FAQ: How to deal with special non-latin characters (chinese, arabic, etc...) ?

So the answer is, that you need to know the encoding that the code/software which generated the hashes did use. If you know some hashes and password pairs for instance it should be easy to come up with the correct encoding pretty fast.

Furthermore, you could just generate example hashes (but please, please, please do not use a web service for this, because it for sure introduces an additional point of failure and especially a different encoding while sending/receiving the result) and see if they crack with the plain text in the word list (with correct encoding).
(04-04-2015, 11:52 PM)philsmd Wrote: See FAQ: How to deal with special non-latin characters (chinese, arabic, etc...) ?

So the answer is, that you need to know the encoding that the code/software which generated the hashes did use. If you know some hashes and password pairs for instance it should be easy to come up with the correct encoding pretty fast.

Furthermore, you could just generate example hashes (but please, please, please do not use a web service for this, because it for sure introduces an additional point of failure and especially a different encoding while sending/receiving the result) and see if they crack with the plain text in the word list (with correct encoding).

Thanks for the answer, actually i don't have pairs(password,hash) Sad
then you need to guess, try all encodings
(04-05-2015, 11:31 PM)atom Wrote: then you need to guess, try all encodings

Oh ok Sad i think i give up on this.
Anyway since you are an admin i suggest to see this my other post https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-4242.html
It isn't a help request, is a bug report probably understimated. I tryed on 2 different gpu and i had the same result.

Thanks anyway for your answers