Question on Bitcoin/Litcoin
I have a question on -m 11300

Is the input file the actual wallet.dat?

When I point it to my wallet.dat, hashcat goes crazy and makes my computer beep like a madman. if I point it to "encrypted_privkey" pulled using pywallet, it says line length which tells me its an improper hash.
You need to use wallet2john.py to extract the hash.
Find it in the latest mumbo jumbo JtR release.
(06-08-2015, 03:38 PM)Rolf Wrote: You need to use wallet2john.py to extract the hash.
Find it in the latest mumbo jumbo JtR release.

thanks, Rolf
So now I have a "$bitcoin$96$8........." hash , but still line length issues.
Check it against the example hash for BTC/LTC wallet here.
(06-08-2015, 04:43 PM)Rolf Wrote: Check it against the example hash for BTC/LTC wallet here.

I'll check again, pretty sure it looks like that. Technically its dogecoin wallet.
Okay, thank you Rolf, I had a line feed at the end for some reason.
But other wallet is pulling a weird hash that appears to be a bit too many on the number digits in the hash.

My good hash is 304 characters long, the one I'm now having issues with is pulling a 370 character hash.
someone told me dogecoin uses a different wallet format.
(06-09-2015, 02:31 PM)atom Wrote: someone told me dogecoin uses a different wallet format.
My understanding is that they use the bitcoin core as the basis of the wallet code.

For example

https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/rel...tag/v1.8.1

What is weird is that one wallet, the hash comes out fine and the other, the hash does not come out correctly.

Another quick question, is this the hash for the private key or the password to the wallet? Because I could always post the hash if its just the password, because the wallet is local with me.
It's not a hash, but it is for the wallet itself, not your private key.