wordlist+mask attack or else
Hola! I'm new to the world of wpa/wpa2 cracking (I'm not interested in wps attack).
A read few article about crack/brute forcing the "four way handshake" that I get airodump-ng but I stil have some doubts.
I read that *hashcat support different type of attacks like mask brute force and hybrid.
Can I use a public prebuild NTLM rainbow table 9 digit mixalphanumeric or should I create a wordlist in plaintext?
I ask this because is easy find rainbow table with long charset but are all encoded in ntlm or sha o md5.
So I don't known if should I continue tring with Hybrid mask + dict attack or spend time/money to create a 1-9 digit mixalphanumberic wordlist.
Thanks all, any suggest is appreciated, regards.
(12-09-2015, 12:04 AM)egar1m Wrote: Can I use a public prebuild NTLM rainbow table 9 digit mixalphanumeric 

Absolutely not. NTLM rainbow tables are for NTLM only.

(12-09-2015, 12:04 AM)egar1m Wrote: I ask this because is easy find rainbow table with long charset but are all encoded in ntlm or sha o md5.

Yes, and those tables only work for those algorithms, and will not work for any other algorithm. Furthermore, rainbow tables are considered an obsolete relic of the past. They have no place in the modern world.
(12-09-2015, 12:18 AM)epixoip Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 12:04 AM)egar1m Wrote: Can I use a public prebuild NTLM rainbow table 9 digit mixalphanumeric 

Absolutely not. NTLM rainbow tables are for NTLM only.

(12-09-2015, 12:04 AM)egar1m Wrote: I ask this because is easy find rainbow table with long charset but are all encoded in ntlm or sha o md5.

Yes, and those tables only work for those algorithms, and will not work for any other algorithm. Furthermore, rainbow tables are considered an obsolete relic of the past. They have no place in the modern world.

Thanks for reply! Mmm you said "rainbow tables are considered an obsolete relic of the past"..
So is stupid spend time to create a table of 8 digit mixealphanumeric? 
It's better use directly mask brute force + wordlist? Thanks for help, regards.