mask order change
Hi,

I use oclhashcat with GPU which does 55 000 - 56 000 tries per second. I wanted you guys to confirm if I used the right command for my long-trip (43days) run.

How to use specific order?

-m 2500 --session ap -a 3 ap.hccap -1 DEAQXUYBPRSTVWZCFGHIJKLMNO ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

is this means I'm starting

with DDDDDDDD and will finish at OOOOOOOO (so all D******* will be scanned within two days, * - capital letter only)

or

DAAAAAAA and will finish with OOOOOOOO

or

anything else

Only capital letters should be used so there are 208 827 064 576 tries and I see this count on the screen correctly.
If you want D* exhausted first you will need to include the --markov-disable flag.
(02-09-2016, 08:28 PM)rico Wrote: If you want D* exhausted first you will need to include the --markov-disable flag.

Thanks! So then it will check by the order from option -1?
Code:
--markov-disable              Disables markov-chains, emulates classic brute-force

Yeah, that's the gist of it.
(02-10-2016, 01:37 AM)rico Wrote:
Code:
--markov-disable              Disables markov-chains, emulates classic brute-force

Yeah, that's the gist of it.

Great, thanks. I have added this option. I noticed that 5 from 9 of sky routers starts with D. But it can be coincidence.
Correct me if wrong...
Order of charset (as you typed it) doesn't matter and will be ignored.
Charsets are considered ascending acc. to ANSI order. Process will be as follows:
xxxxxxxA (x - all variants from charset)
xxxxxxxB
xxxxxxxZ
Last position is changed the slowest. Maybe not so exactly (there are loops) but in general very close to it.
xxxxxxAA
xxxxxxBA
xxxxxxCA
xxxxxxAB
To check with first 'D' first of all you need to type mask D?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 but after that you have to check A?1?1?1..., B?1?1?1... (except D?1?1...) to avoid repetition in case with full mask ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
No, that's incorrect. The correct answer was already provided in this thread.
The question was about the specific order in charset.
I have checked and insist that setting up charset as DCBAHGFE equals to HGFEDCBA equals to EFGHABCD because of it is the same to setting up the charset ABCDEFGH (order ANSI) and password will be find by all these charsets in the same time after start. Order in charset doesn't matter.
--markov-disable (good tip and default value in GUI).
No, the order in the charset does matter as long as you are using the --markov-disable flag, which is precisely what rico said.
PutNick has me doubting myself Smile So I ran a quick test on a WPA hash I've previously cracked. I used --markov-disable and masks using charset or reverse-charset, i.e. plaintext is VTFTETBY so I've used a small charset

1. -1 VTFEBY ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
2. -1 YBEFTV ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

Both take the same duration and complete at the same progress point...

Progress.......: 1462272/1679616 (87.06%)

Maybe charset is too small for a proper test?