Hashcat combining two wordlists - 0 progress
#1
Hi,

I am attempting to use hashcat with two wordlists, the command is as follows;
Code:
hashcat -m 2500 -a 1 handshake.hccap firstList.txt secondList.txt

firstList contains words of length 10, secondlist contains words of length 4.

I am trying to get it to use every combination of the words but my result is as follows;

Code:
Input.Mode: Dict (firstList.txt) Index.....: 1/3 (segment), 2795862 (words), 33550344 (bytes) Recovered.: 0/1 hashes, 0/1 salts Speed/sec.: 1.39k plains, - words Progress..: 0/2795862 (0.00%) Running...: 00:00:01:07 Estimated.: --:--:--:--

It doesn't look like its combining the lists, and there is no progress... I will leave it running for the next 15 minutes or so.

If I bypass this it will run on the second list;
Code:
Input.Mode: Dict (secondList.txt) Index.....: 1/1 (segment), 454 (words), 2723 (bytes) Recovered.: 0/1 hashes, 0/1 salts Speed/sec.: 1.25k plains, - words Progress..: 63/454 (13.88%) Running...: 00:00:00:24 Estimated.: --:--:--:--

So it seems to be working on the second list only but not as expected.

How can I optimise the command to get it to work as expected?

Thank you.


*******

I have come across this guide: https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=combinator_attack
so I am using the wrong version of hashcat.

What command can I use to combine the two wordlists into one so that I can attempt this in hashcat?

Thanks
#2
Use combinator.bin, pipe its output in a fifo, use the fifo as the wordlist in hashcat with attack mode 0.
#3
https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=has...combinator
#4
(02-12-2016, 02:05 PM)Xanadrel Wrote: Use combinator.bin, pipe its output in a fifo, use the fifo as the wordlist in hashcat with attack mode 0.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I have managed with combinator.bin to generate a wordlist but rather than output the file I want to pipe it to hashcat as the wordlist - I am not sure what fifo is but I take it its some sort of 'first in first out' list structure. Can you elaborate or give me an idea of how to do this?

****EDIT****
This is what I am currently trying
Code:
hashcat -m 2500 -a 0 FileToCrack.hccap | ./combinator.bin firstList.txt secondList.txt

The result is as if I am just running the combinator by itself - printing to terminal the wordlist.

I have also tried reversing the commands
Code:
./combinator.bin firstList.txt secondList.txt | hashcat -m 2500 -a 0 FileToCrack.hccap

Hashcat now runs but only goes through the first wordlist.
#5
Use mkfifo, pipe the output of combinator.bin in the fifo, hashcat doesn't support stdin so piping won't work.

Something like that :
Code:
mkfifo blah ./combinator.bin firstList.txt secondList.txt > blah ./hashcat hashlist blah
#6
Ok I have tried but it just seems to be doing the same as just using combinator to output a file. I have added piping between the combinator and hashcat as follows;
Code:
mkfifo blah.txt ./combinator.bin firstList.txt secondList.txt > blah.txt | hashcat -m 2500 -a 0 handshake.hccap blah.txt

The result of the above is this;
Code:
mkfifo: cannot create fifo ‘blah.txt’: File exists mkfifo: cannot create fifo ‘./combinator.bin’Initializing hashcat v2.00 with 2 threads and 32mb segment-size... : File exists mkfifo: cannot create fifo ‘firstList.txt’: File exists mkfifo: cannot create fifo ‘secondList.txt’: File exists Added hashes from file handshake.hccap: 1 (1 salts) Activating quick-digest mode for single-hash with salt [s]tatus [p]ause [r]esume [b]ypass [q]uit => Input.Mode: Dict (blah.txt) Index.....: 1/1 (segment), 0 (words), 0 (bytes) Recovered.: 0/1 hashes, 0/1 salts Speed/sec.: - plains, - words Progress..: 0/0 (100%) Running...: --:--:--:-- Estimated.: --:--:--:-- Started: Sun Feb 14 00:46:51 2016             Stopped: Sun Feb 14 00:46:51 2016

I have tried with and without piping in every combination possible Sad
not sure what to do here.
#7
Do you even know how to use your own system ?
You are passing 4 names to mkfifo with your command, you're not calling combinator.bin at all and you're trying to pipe into hashcat which is not possible.

I didn't put the commands on individual lines to make it pretty, you either run combinator.bin & hashcat in individual terminals, or you run it detached.

Code:
$ head left right ==> left <== left1 left2 left3 ==> right <== right1 right2 right3

So for example :
Code:
$ mkfifo blah && ./combinator.bin left right > blah & $ cat blah left1right1 left1right2 left1right3 left2right1 left2right2 left2right3 left3right1 left3right2 left3right3 [2]-  Done                    mkfifo blah && ./combinator.bin left right > blah
#8
(02-14-2016, 03:56 PM)Xanadrel Wrote: Do you even know how to use your own system ?
You are passing 4 names to mkfifo with your command, you're not calling combinator.bin at all and you're trying to pipe into hashcat which is not possible.

I didn't put the commands on individual lines to make it pretty, you either run combinator.bin & hashcat in individual terminals, or you run it detached.

Code:
$ head left right ==> left <== left1 left2 left3 ==> right <== right1 right2 right3

So for example :
Code:
$ mkfifo blah && ./combinator.bin left right > blah & $ cat blah left1right1 left1right2 left1right3 left2right1 left2right2 left2right3 left3right1 left3right2 left3right3 [2]-  Done                    mkfifo blah && ./combinator.bin left right > blah


Thanks, I managed with this.