outfile-check-dir is being ignored
Hi,

It looks like the outfile-check-dir is just being ignored? I've got 2 machines with a shared nfs directory '/results'

This is what I run on both machines:

Node 1:

./cudaHashcat64.bin --outfile-format=2 -m 2500 -a 3 /hccap/testme.hccap ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d -o /results/node1 --outfile-check-dir=/results --outfile-check-timer=10

Node 2:

./cudaHashcat64.bin --outfile-format=2 -m 2500 -a 3 /hccap/testme.hccap ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d -o /results/node2 --outfile-check-dir=/results --outfile-check-timer=10

When node 1 cracks the hash, node 2 just keeps running until the entire keyspace is exhausted. What I would expect is for it to terminate in 10 seconds after the first node cracks the hash. Is there any specific naming convention required for outfiles?
I'm really doubting that this is a serious question.

But if it really is... you can't tell oclHashcat that it should output only plains (without the hashes) and at the same time you are trying to tell oclHashcat that it should check if those very files, which are missing the hashes (because of --outfile-format 2), contain the hashes. This is very very contradictory and can't work at all.

There are times that we all need to hold on and think about what we are doing and try to use the brain to see if it really makes any sense. In this very case for instance, checking hashes without hashes within the files makes no sense at all.

PS. ... please do not use the argument "but I thought that the pass was enough for *hashcat to figure out if it was already found".... No.No.No. the "check outfile directory" feature is not meant to crack additional (unknown) hashes or to supply further words/dictionaries, it is only used to "remove already cracked hashes" that are 100% cracked already (and both hash and pass was supplied).
(02-27-2016, 10:16 AM)philsmd Wrote: I'm really doubting that this is a serious question.

But if it really is... you can't tell oclHashcat that it should output only plains (without the hashes) and at the same time you are trying to tell oclHashcat that it should check if those very files, which are missing the hashes (because of --outfile-format 2), contain the hashes. This is very very contradictory and can't work at all.

There are times that we all need to hold on and think about what we are doing and try to use the brain to see if it really makes any sense. In this very case for instance, checking hashes without hashes within the files makes no sense at all.

PS. ... please do not use the argument "but I thought that the pass was enough for *hashcat to figure out if it was already found".... No.No.No. the "check outfile directory" feature is not meant to crack additional (unknown) hashes or to supply further words/dictionaries, it is only used to "remove already cracked hashes" that are 100% cracked already (and both hash and pass was supplied).

Thank you for your answer. It was a serious question.