Poll: Drop 32 bit binaries from .7z archives
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, drop 32 bit binaries
83.33%
10 83.33%
No, it's clever to have them
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do we need to drop 32 bit binaries?
I'm talking about the binary distribution inside the .7z archives. I'm wondering if we can drop those binaries for 32 bit.
Suggestion: Separate them out into their own .7z archives.

That way, you can track whether anyone is downloading them. If no one is using them, you can drop them.
~
Is there any sane reason to run hashcat on a non-64bit system? Other than failing to install the correct OS arch I mean.
(06-04-2016, 02:50 PM)royce Wrote: Suggestion: Separate them out into their own .7z archives.

That way, you can track whether anyone is downloading them. If no one is using them, you can drop them.

If we do it, I'd like to drop it in the hashcat-3.00 archive
(06-04-2016, 07:23 PM)undeath Wrote: Is there any sane reason to run hashcat on a non-64bit system? Other than failing to install the correct OS arch I mean.

There's some algorithm that can benefit from it, because the memory pointer addresses do not require two registers to hold and calculate them. You know, GPU's are still 32 bit integers only. Beside of that, I don't see a reason
There's also the problem that there's no nvml.dll for 32 bit on Windows. That makes hardware management on NVidia a bit problematic, but users could misinterpret it and falsly assume hardware management for their device is not supported.