New with The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Linux
I was just wondering if anyone can point me in a direction to building my own password cracking rig as i find cryptography very interesting
I have a fully downloadable The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Linux USB and bunch of spare computer components from GPUS to MOBOS etc etc..

I just need clarification that in order to use an R9 270x to hash with i will need OCL version of hashcat right?

And if i use a wordlist and the password was " hashcat123 " but only hashcat was in the list, isnt there a way to specify the program to put 123 at the end?
Something like ?n?n?n or something lol?

Anyways, i am very new to this so if someone could point me in a good direction to get a rig going and start cracking hashes please let me know by commenting or PMing me

Thanks everyone!
K
Quote:I was just wondering if anyone can point me in a direction to building my own password cracking rig as i find cryptography very interesting
I have a fully downloadable The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Linux USB and bunch of spare computer components from GPUS to MOBOS etc etc..

I just need clarification that in order to use an R9 270x to hash with i will need OCL version of hashcat right?

use the latest beta that can be downloaded here. hashcat-3.0.0 now combines CPU and GPU version into one.

Quote:And if i use a wordlist and the password was " hashcat123 " but only hashcat was in the list, isnt there a way to specify the program to put 123 at the end?
Something like ?n?n?n or something lol?

use attack mode -a 6 where you can append masks ?d?d?d

Quote:Something like ?n?n?n or something lol?

From your questions, I can see that you have not read the wiki or run ./hachat64.bin --help. Start there first, and search the forum for answers.

Best regards,
Azren
hey thanks man! I will for sure check these out!
K
Use Latest version of The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) - Linux 2016.2 which includes more features of cryptography so that you can build your own Password cracking Tool no error in new version as shown in previous version. Go to this website that will help you to install The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)-Linux on VM - gopcsoft.com
!