get hashcat-type/version over command
Is it possible to get the hashcat version from hashcat itself? I don't mean the --version parameter which gives me the actual version. I mean an output, that tells me if i use 'hashcat' or 'hashcatLite' or 'oclHashcat' and so. I know, that we only have one hashcat version now - but a lot of user also use i.e. oclHashcat nowadays. I need this output for a bash script. When i call hashcat over my script and someone use oclHashcat, then he will get an error and i want to avoid this problem.

When this works: Do oclHashcat, HashcatLite and alle the other versions use the same syntax like hashcat? In other words: Does the command
Code:
hashcat-type -m 1400 hashlist.hash dicitonary.dict
works in all 'types/versions'?
There is just hashcat now, and eventually hashcat-legacy for toasters.
So just hashcat, one syntax.
And tell those using oclHashcat to update
Yes, i know. But what, if someone downloades oclHashcat years ago (in this case - its true. I can't tell those people 'just update your hashcat' because of reasons). When i try the command
Code:
hashcat -m 1400 hashlist.hash dicitonary.dict
He will try to open hashcat and not oclHashcat. And because of this i want to extract the hashcat'version' and save this in a parameter. So i can open any hashcat with

Code:
hashcat=save hashcattype in this parameter with a command or anything else
$hashcat -m 1400 hashlist.hash dicitonary.dict
We can't care about backward compatibility because GPU drivers and OpenCL runtimes don't do so either. Therefore there's only one solution: Update hashcat and eventually buy new hardware if you need to.