nvidia Quadro P400
I try to make it easy for you.

The Quadro 600 is old and very slow. Not worth the $20. Everything else is faster than that. 96 Cores is nothing. We're talking about thousands of cores these days. Not to mention architecture or MHz.
Because it's old, Hashcat does not support it anymore. You might find some drivers at NVidia. But Hashcat is out.

You've asked a question and got some answers. From people, who know Hashcat for long and work on a professional level. Who know what they're saying. You doubted some of these answers. Okay. This is a highly skilled forum and your questions were quite basic. If you don't believe people, please use Google. If you don't understand something, just ask. But if you're not an expert yourself, doubting others can be very unpolite and ignorant.

So again: If you're looking for a GPU to crack hashes with Hashcat, stay away from Quadro-Cards. For each Quadro there is a much cheaper equivalent on the gamers market. Same speed, no disadvantages. Quadros are expensive because of their drivers for some professional markets (e.g. CAD etc.). From which Hashcat does not benefit.

Let's get to your basic intention: how big is your budget? Then we can make a recommandation.
i just want something that hashcat and aircrack-ng will will recognize send and get data from if the quadro card wont be recognized and work then how about a GTX1050?

does the brand matter whether it is a nvidia purchased from their store or an evga or pny?

i found a GTX1050 on ebay for $39 and if the quadro i bought earlier does not work then i will upgrade to the geforce gtx 1050 but i was hoping to keep the spending down

i will wait to see if the GTX1050 is one of those too good to be true items

yes that was being sold by a compromised account so i guess i will have a budget of $100 or less if you know of anything that will work that would be nice thanks
The Quadro you bought will not work with hashcat.

A GTX1050 will not sell under $100.

I don't know the street price of used cards, but I can give you a ranking from fast to slow. The brand is not very relevant.

GTX970
GTX960
GTX950
GTX750Ti

Those cards use the new shader model and are quite safe to work with hashcat also in the near future.
the next thing i wonder is do i have to have a display connected to the card for the card to work?

because many pcs have an on board vga port and i heard somewhere in a bit coin mining site that there are jumper blocks you can connect basically it is a resistor that connects to put a load on a couple pins to fool the card into thinking that there is a display connected.

or does hashcat use the off screen rendering abilities
i also was wondering what version of hashcat does support the old card?  i am up to a compiler challenge if there is a hashcat legacy out there. 

(04-19-2017, 05:06 PM)Flomac Wrote: I try to make it easy for you.

The Quadro 600 is old and very slow. Not worth the $20. Everything else is faster than that. 96 Cores is nothing. We're talking about thousands of cores these days. Not to mention architecture or MHz.
Because it's old, Hashcat does not support it anymore. You might find some drivers at NVidia. But Hashcat is out.

You've asked a question and got some answers. From people, who know Hashcat for long and work on a professional level. Who know what they're saying. You doubted some of these answers. Okay. This is a highly skilled forum and your questions were quite basic. If you don't believe people, please use Google. If you don't understand something, just ask. But if you're not an expert yourself, doubting others can be very unpolite and ignorant.

So again: If you're looking for a GPU to crack hashes with Hashcat, stay away from Quadro-Cards. For each Quadro there is a much cheaper equivalent on the gamers market. Same speed, no disadvantages. Quadros are expensive because of their drivers for some professional markets (e.g. CAD etc.). From which Hashcat does not benefit.

Let's get to your basic intention: how big is your budget? Then we can make a recommandation.
What kind of CPU are you using? Cause it might be faster than that old Quadro 600. I have an old AMD APU lying around that's ten times faster than this. Seriously, don't waste any time with that piece of crap. Old driver, old hashcat, and in the end you get the most shitty performance for a few hours fiddeling around?

Sell the Quadro and get a used GTX960. It will be one hundred times faster. Literally. It's from a different era. In it's time the GTX480 was five times faster. Then came the GTX580, followed by GTX680, GTX780, GTX980, GTX1080. That's how old it is.
i am using a hp pavilion 6116 amd quad cord 2.8 ghz.

before quadro 600 i got 200 to 300 wpa2 keys per second with hashcat and 2400 keys per second with aircrack-ng.

with quadro i get 5000 keys of wpa2 with hashcat however i am not getting any improvement in aircrack-ng it is still 2400 keys per second of wpa2 so it looks like aircrack-ng does not support cuda oh i did try letting aircrack-ng open the text file to rule out bottlenecking in the pipe.

also is there a way to overclock a graphics card?

right now i got that card because it was both cheap and gives me a taste for cuda .

is there an option to enable cuda support in aircrack-ng or is hashcat the only one that supports it?

also does the GTX960 have the sli bridge connector(s) needed to connect a tesla card for furtherly boosting performance for in the future.
No idea about aircrack-ng. No idea if overclocking works with such an old card and/or a Quadro.

A GTX960 pulls ~120.000 keys/s in wpa2.
A GTX750Ti ~64.000 keys/s.
The GTX960 has an SLI connector, but you don't need SLI to use more than one GPU in Hashcat. In fact you'd have to switch SLI off.
(04-18-2017, 08:58 PM)ejonesss Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 01:13 AM)epixoip Wrote: Quadro 600 is a Fermi card from 2010 and is absolutely no longer supported.

if it is no longer supported then how do you explain http://i65.tinypic.com/uswf7.png

Easy. Quadro 600 is an sm_21 GPU. Nvidia dropped CUDA & OpenCL support for Quadro cards older than sm_30. There is a driver for it, but the OpenCL compiler will not support it. That's why you no longer see it listed on https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus
ho longer will they support sm_30 for

and what is sm_30? is that compute 3.0?

i am going to getting the GTX960 as it can be gotten used for as low as $50 on ebay