Specify what to check in a dictionary
Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to crack a wifi handshake and I would like to ask if there is a way to tell hashcat to try only words that are greater than or equal to 10 characters from a given dictionary. 
I have a dictionary I don't want to use Brute-force attack.

Thank you
try looking at the write-up on using rules.  There is a rule specifically describing what you're looking for.
Go to the wiki, and look under other attacks and you will find the write up on using rules.  It's there.  
Simply create a rule to use with the dictionary you're using.
good luck.

(04-29-2017, 05:58 PM)r7al Wrote: Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to crack a wifi handshake and I would like to ask if there is a way to tell hashcat to try only words that are greater than or equal to 10 characters from a given dictionary. 
I have a dictionary I don't want to use Brute-force attack.

Thank you
Reject greater >N Reject plains of length less than N >7
alil update,
actualy today i was trying using it and surprisingly it did not work
(Cannot convert rule for use on OpenCL device in file)
after poking around it seems that -r are for gpu and -j/-k are for cpu (legacy).

i was trying to use that rule (>8) with some wordlists on wpa
what surprised me the most was, hashcat do reject plains under 8 char with out me adding any rules (i know.. dont mention it), meaning it can support such rule (and its quite a simple one to).

whats going on here :o i am confused
Incorrect, -j/-k work just fine on GPU. But if you're trying to use -j/-k with -a 0, you're doing it wrong as they only work with attack modes 1, 6, and 7. Moreover, reject rules only work with -j/-k, not -r. So you won't be able to use a reject rule with -a 0 -r.
r7al: I would use AWK to filter through your existing word lists and output into a new dict with this command: awk 'length > 9' rockyou.txt > len10plus.txt

Use len.bin from hashcat-utils.
(05-23-2017, 09:51 PM)MrMeeseeks Wrote: r7al: I would use AWK to filter through your existing word lists and output into a new dict with this command: awk 'length > 9' rockyou.txt > len10plus.txt

Use len.bin from hashcat-utils.

what the proper command to use len.bin?
In case you only want words of the length between 8 and 10 (inclusive) then: len.bin 8 10 < in.txt > out.txt