Use Hashcat for Rainbow Table-generation
Hi!

I am going to generate a Rainbow Table for a special DES-case. It can be seen as a chosen plain text attack. Is it possible to use Hashcat for this? For example make a big file with plain texts and keys and the get hashcat to encrypt this for me?

Question: Can you use Hashcat for DES encryption?
https://twitter.com/hashcat/status/77064...16?lang=en

Use -m 14000
(03-31-2017, 03:44 PM)atom Wrote: https://twitter.com/hashcat/status/77064...16?lang=en

Use -m 14000

I'm new to hashcat, can you show me the complete command?

hashcat -m 14000 and then?

The list of plaintext:key pairs?
Please see the wiki for example tutorials, videos, etc
Hi Atom!

I'm sorry, but I really cant find a way to do this.

I have a plaintext and a key and I want to encrypt the plaintext with the key. How can I achieve this?

I realize that for a single DES-encryption there are no advantages of using Hashcat, but as said in the first post, I plan to make a Rainbow Table of it, and therefore will eventually do many many thousands of DES-encryptions (which can be done in parallel).
Rainbow tables are dead. They died years ago. Stop trying to resurrect them.
Rainbow Tables are maybe dead for the general case, but in my case they are perfect.

I'm trying to "steal" DES-keys from many many units which only use single DES for generating the authentication value. I've hacked the unit so I can choose plaintext and I receive the output/authentication value back. If I then have a precalculated Rainbow Table for a fixed input, I will be able to find the DES-key in very very short time. I don't want to wait 10 days for a brute-force attack to do the job for me, then Rainbow Tables will be perfect.

So I really want to find a way to use Hashcat to encrypt a single plaintext with many many DES-keys. Can someone please show me how this can be done?
I'm curious what hardware or protocol the attack is against. Can you give some more info?
(04-05-2017, 11:58 AM)sverrets Wrote: Rainbow Tables are maybe dead for the general case, but in my case they are perfect.

I'm trying to "steal" DES-keys from many many units which only use single DES for generating the authentication value. I've hacked the unit so I can choose plaintext and I receive the output/authentication value back. If I then have a precalculated Rainbow Table for a fixed input, I will be able to find the DES-key in very very short time. I don't want to wait 10 days for a brute-force attack to do the job for me, then Rainbow Tables will be perfect.

So I really want to find a way to use Hashcat to encrypt a single plaintext with many many DES-keys. Can someone please show me how this can be done?

How are you going to generate the tables?