Piping speed
Is there any way to increase cracking speed through piping?I'm only getting a max. speed of 2000 KH/s(NTLM) compared to the 1300 MH/s speed of cracking without piping!If that's not possible,then is it possible to use -r parameter of mp in hashcat?Plz,I need a solution fast!
The piping is not the slow part, the absence of amplifier is. If you add rules for examples, it speed will increase again, but it will take more time. Doesn't really make sense if you use MP just to be able to use -R. I guess you're lost.
(07-28-2017, 01:15 PM)atom Wrote: The piping is not the slow part, the absence of amplifier is. If you add rules for examples, it speed will increase again, but it will take more time. Doesn't really make sense if you use MP just to be able to use -R. I guess you're lost.
So,instead of using MP for -r,should I use rules in Hashcat?Also,what exactly is an amplifier?
Yes, if you want to get full speed. However, hashcat can not do -r as how MP is doing it.

Here's an article on amplifier: https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=fre...full_speed
If I give the give the command to generate 11 lowercase characters with the parameter -r in MP and pipe it to Hashcat with the rule to append 9951 to each candidate,will this act as an amplifier and give me the benchmark speed achievable?
Or should I use one more rule to increase speed?
If you have one rule your amplification factor is 1 - same as no rule.

You could for example append/prepend the first two or three characters with a generated rule file instead of having mp generate the complete words.
Big Grin 
Where should I use the rule set?In mask processor or in hashcat while pipng?
Please just think about what you just asked.
So it is in mp.Also,what is this 5000 rule?