correct command line
Hi,

Recently i created a veracryp.hc file. And putted some stuff in there.
I didnt know atm but my keyboard was faulty (registrating keys double). So i created a plain text file with several passwords in it with enters like:

1. im not sure if it needs to be comma separated or not.

Anyway I have diffucilties with hascat as a never used it.
There ia also a PIN, that could be 4 different numbers.

which command should i run?

Thank you much as i really need this file to open and im trying for several times without sucess.
Are you getting a specific error? Can you post the command line that you're trying?
~
(10-05-2017, 05:00 PM)royce Wrote: Are you getting a specific error? Can you post the command line that you're trying?

Hi there, thanks for the response. My videocard was rma so it took a while for me to try again.
I tried for several hours now but im keep failing at No hashes loaded.
This is the command i am trying:

hashcat -m 13721 –outfile=PasswordHits.txt '/root/Desktop/MyEncryptionP.tc' '/root/Desktop/Dictionary.txt' --force

OpenCL Platform #1: The pocl project
====================================
* Device #1: pthread-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 18079/18079 MB allocatable, 8MCU

Hash '–outfile=PasswordHits.txt': Hash-file exception
No hashes loaded.
Are you running The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)? If you do, don't. If you don't you still need the correct Intel OpenCL runtime, not pocl.

And remove the unicode dash in front of outfile and replace it with two standard dashes/minus signs.
ok so i went over to ubuntu (vm) instead of The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali),
hashcat -m 13721 --outfile=PasswordHits.txt '/root/Desktop/MyEncryptionP.tc' '/root/Desktop/Dictionary.txt' --force

getting some info but recovered says 0, i remind that i have set a pim code, how can i specify that? Thank you much for the help really need to uncrack my veracrypt file as it has important stuff in it Sad

EDIT: I figured that hascat64 is also possible on windows, so im trying in windows now, this is much easier for me so i wont have to do ubuntu install and can do it with my own OS.

hashcat64.exe --outfile=hits.txt MyEncryptionP.hc dict.txt
Not sure if this is normal? Im using this command directly on the veracrpt file (not header, read something about that but couldnt get this to work either)

[Image: Capture.png]
you did not specify the mode on windows
(11-15-2017, 06:54 PM)undeath Wrote: you did not specify the mode on windows

sry for that,
then i got the error that the workload was to small so i added -w 3 -r rules/best64.rule

D:\Desktop\hashcat-4.0.1>hashcat64.exe -m 13721 --veracrypt-pim=**** -w 3 -r rules/best64.rule --outfile=hits.txt MyEncryptionP.hc dict.txt --force

but it keeps saying resume, checkpoint quit... when i press R resume it keeps coming back
so sorry to bother

Don't add rules just for the sake of adding rules. Low workload is not an error but a warning.

Looks like it's working as intended, though going very slow as expected for veracrypt.

And don't use --force unless you know exactly what you're doing.
(11-16-2017, 02:24 AM)undeath Wrote: Don't add rules just for the sake of adding rules. Low workload is not an error but a warning.

Looks like it's working as intended, though going very slow as expected for veracrypt.

And don't use --force unless you know exactly what you're doing.

ok, but im keep getting this,
keep pressing R for resume but it looks there is no end of this, already pressed R for 200 times...

bump*****