Build advice
Saw some GTX 1080 Ti FE cards on the NVIDIA site just now:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/pro...x-1080-ti/
No, as long as they are all FEs/radial coolers you can mix and match them as you like.

Btw. I'm not that strict about FEs, so from my opinion it's not such a drama to buy Non-FE-GPUs, as long as they have radial coolers. And have a front with an intake, so that's not completely closed.

Here's what I would do/buy: swap the Mobo for an ASRock X299 OC Formula. Buy three GTX1080Ti with radial cooler (Zotac for the 5 years warranty or EVGA for their quality). Place the three GPUs with one slot/space between them. This will guarantee all-time cool running GPUs without a hassle.
Oh, and I'd ditch the 10-core for an i7-7820X, since it has the better price/perf-ratio.
(12-09-2017, 02:04 AM)Flomac Wrote: No, as long as they are all FEs/radial coolers you can mix and match them as you like.

Btw. I'm not that strict about FEs, so from my opinion it's not such a drama to buy Non-FE-GPUs, as long as they have radial coolers. And have a front with an intake, so that's not completely closed.

Here's what I would do/buy: swap the Mobo for an ASRock X299 OC Formula. Buy three GTX1080Ti with radial cooler (Zotac for the 5 years warranty or EVGA for their quality). Place the three GPUs with one slot/space between them. This will guarantee all-time cool running GPUs without a hassle.
Oh, and I'd ditch the 10-core for an i7-7820X, since it has the better price/perf-ratio.

Ok so I'm taking your advice and getting the ASRock board and the i7-7820X. The thing with that mobo is it only has 2 fan connectors while the case I'm getting will have 3. How would you handle that; controller, splitter, directly to PSU? I'm not sure I want it running full speed all of the time so I'm not to keen on plugging it directly into the PSU. I was thinking about picking up a NZXT - SENTRY 3 Fan Controller.

Still trying to decide what I want to do about the GPU's, ugh. I would really prefer to get FE's. 

I appreciate the advice, thank you.
(12-10-2017, 03:32 AM)resiak Wrote: Ok so I'm taking your advice and getting the ASRock board and the i7-7820X. The thing with that mobo is it only has 2 fan connectors while the case I'm getting will have 3. How would you handle that; controller, splitter, directly to PSU? I'm not sure I want it running full speed all of the time so I'm not to keen on plugging it directly into the PSU. I was thinking about picking up a NZXT - SENTRY 3 Fan Controller.

From the ASRock specs:
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)
- 1 x CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 2 x Chassis Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 1 x Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)

Counting four extra  4-pin connectors. Should fit your needs Wink

(12-10-2017, 03:32 AM)resiak Wrote: Still trying to decide what I want to do about the GPU's, ugh. I would really prefer to get FE's. 

Understandable.
(12-10-2017, 03:39 AM)Flomac Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 03:32 AM)resiak Wrote: Ok so I'm taking your advice and getting the ASRock board and the i7-7820X. The thing with that mobo is it only has 2 fan connectors while the case I'm getting will have 3. How would you handle that; controller, splitter, directly to PSU? I'm not sure I want it running full speed all of the time so I'm not to keen on plugging it directly into the PSU. I was thinking about picking up a NZXT - SENTRY 3 Fan Controller.

From the ASRock specs:
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)
- 1 x CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 2 x Chassis Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 1 x Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)

Counting four extra  4-pin connectors. Should fit your needs Wink

(12-10-2017, 03:32 AM)resiak Wrote: Still trying to decide what I want to do about the GPU's, ugh. I would really prefer to get FE's. 

Understandable.

Aaah lmao! Told you I'm a newb Wink. I stupidly didn't realize you could use the others ones for case fans. Duh! Big Grin
Hey is it true that connecting an HDMI cable to one of my cards will cause it to lag with hashcat?
Using the graphics output of your GPU while running hashcat will likely cause a laggy picture but that is independent of the cable used and will hardly slow down hashcat.
(12-11-2017, 11:31 AM)undeath Wrote: Using the graphics output of your GPU while running hashcat will likely cause a laggy picture but that is independent of the cable used and will hardly slow down hashcat.

Cool, thanks for the info.
So I purchased all of the parts last night, that is all but the damn power supply, which is sold out everywhere..SOB
How about alternatives from Super Power, SilverStone or Corsair? They all have Titanium PSUs with 1500-1600W and should be from equal quality to EVGA.