Speeding up prince
#1
I hope I can get some insight into whats going on in this situation.

I'm using pp64 to feed into hashcat. When compared to using just a regular dictionary, I'm seeing a huge performance decrease.

(alt use for a mining rig):
i3-7350 4.2GHZ
8G ram
6x gtx1070

I see my ntlm hash rate go from ~4000kh per card, down to around 1200kh per. (dict vs prince) I figured the speed change was because I'm piping candidates serially, so I added 2 rulesets to help create more work, but the hash rate remains the same.

Aren't the rulesets processed in the GPU? I would have expected the hashrate to increase since each password from prince would be exploded into a thousand permutations.

Any suggestions on how to speed it up and info on what going on would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply
#2
How big were the rulesets? Do you get better performance if you add a larger ruleset, like dive?
Reply
#3
OK, my apologies, due to the late night last night I was *way* off with what I thought I saw; things look to be working just as expected.


pp64.bin --elem-cnt-max=3 --pw-max=15 --pw-min=12 nocount.txt | ./hashcat64.bin -m 1000 -a 0 nthas -O -r ./rules/toggles5.rule -r ./rules/unix-ninja-leetspeak.rule

Session..........: hashcat
Status...........: Running
Hash.Type........: NTLM
Hash.Target......: nthas
Time.Started.....: Wed Jun  6 06:43:40 2018 (14 hours, 32 mins)
Time.Estimated...: Wed Jun  6 21:16:11 2018 (0 secs)
Guess.Base.......: Pipe
Guess.Mod........: Rules (./rules/toggles5.rule, ./rules/unix-ninja-leetspeak.rule)
Speed.Dev.#1.....:  1418.1 MH/s (43.82ms)
Speed.Dev.#2.....:  1640.1 MH/s (37.89ms)
Speed.Dev.#3.....:  1768.2 MH/s (35.26ms)
Speed.Dev.#4.....:  1754.7 MH/s (35.35ms)
Speed.Dev.#5.....:  1257.0 MH/s (49.45ms)
Speed.Dev.#6.....:  1356.7 MH/s (46.00ms)
Speed.Dev.#*.....:  9178.8 MH/s
Recovered........: 44/71 (61.97%) Digests, 0/1 (0.00%) Salts
Progress.........: 461609222799360
Rejected.........: 0
Restore.Point....: 0
Candidates.#1....: wOFIu<zyNski -> 6GsuRnAmEwe6
Candidates.#2....: NaAr7IfIcIal17y -> AyfIUcZyn5k1
Candidates.#3....: cBK1teStr1ngS -> cXoVeRdr1Ve5
Candidates.#4....: fHoVeRdRiVe5 -> iOwwWKidDoNet
Candidates.#5....: HusurnAmEwE6 -> <VKi73s7rIN9s
Candidates.#6....: ulwwWkIddOnEt -> jygr0TE5qU35
HWMon.Dev.#1.....: Temp: 47c Fan: 70% Util:100% Core:1961MHz Mem:4353MHz Bus:1
HWMon.Dev.#2.....: Temp: 54c Fan: 70% Util: 92% Core:2025MHz Mem:4353MHz Bus:1
HWMon.Dev.#3.....: Temp: 57c Fan: 70% Util:100% Core:1898MHz Mem:4353MHz Bus:1
HWMon.Dev.#4.....: Temp: 44c Fan: 70% Util:100% Core:1873MHz Mem:4353MHz Bus:1
HWMon.Dev.#5.....: Temp: 51c Fan: 70% Util:100% Core:1974MHz Mem:4353MHz Bus:1
HWMon.Dev.#6.....: Temp: 57c Fan: 70% Util: 96% Core:1936MHz Mem:4353MHz Bus:1

Thats nearly 10G/H

For comparison, here it is with a wordlist and a single ruleset:

./hashcat64.bin -m 1000 -a 0 nthas dict/merged.txt -O -r rules/unix-ninja-leetspeak.rule
Dictionary cache hit:
* Filename..: dict/merged.txt
* Passwords.: 19922215
* Bytes.....: 217000804
* Keyspace..: 61201044480

[s]tatus [p]ause [r]esume [b]ypass [c]heckpoint [q]uit => s

Session..........: hashcat
Status...........: Running
Hash.Type........: NTLM
Hash.Target......: nthas
Time.Started.....: Wed Jun  6 21:30:28 2018 (3 secs)
Time.Estimated...: Wed Jun  6 21:30:39 2018 (8 secs)
Guess.Base.......: File (dict/merged.txt)
Guess.Mod........: Rules (rules/unix-ninja-leetspeak.rule)
Guess.Queue......: 1/1 (100.00%)
Speed.Dev.#1.....:   935.0 MH/s (7.52ms)
Speed.Dev.#2.....:   939.1 MH/s (7.39ms)
Speed.Dev.#3.....:   872.3 MH/s (7.46ms)
Speed.Dev.#4.....:   912.8 MH/s (7.67ms)
Speed.Dev.#5.....:   950.1 MH/s (7.50ms)
Speed.Dev.#6.....:   908.5 MH/s (7.71ms)
Speed.Dev.#*.....:  5476.0 MH/s
Recovered........: 44/71 (61.97%) Digests, 0/1 (0.00%) Salts
Progress.........: 15645892608/61201044480 (25.56%)
Rejected.........: 11624448/15645892608 (0.07%)
Restore.Point....: 4734061/19922215 (23.76%)
Candidates.#1....: LL_Cool_J -> Luci@no!
Candidates.#2....: Kipepeo93 -> Lu<i42410
Candidates.#3....: Jzyyhia1 -> Kipe
Candidates.#4....: IDONTKNOW1 -> JERARDO1
Candidates.#5....: Lu<i@no* -> MONEYBANK1
Candidates.#6....: Mikots<h -> N@n2284cy
HWMon.Dev.#1.....: Temp: 31c Fan: 70% Util: 83% Core:2088MHz Mem:4353MHz Bus:1
HWMon.Dev.#2.....: Temp: 37c Fan: 70% Util: 96% Core:2088MHz Mem:4353MHz Bus:1
HWMon.Dev.#3.....: Temp: 39c Fan: 70% Util: 81% Core:2088MHz Mem:4353MHz Bus:1
HWMon.Dev.#4.....: Temp: 31c Fan: 70% Util: 75% Core:2037MHz Mem:4353MHz Bus:1
HWMon.Dev.#5.....: Temp: 32c Fan: 70% Util: 88% Core:2088MHz Mem:4353MHz Bus:1
HWMon.Dev.#6.....: Temp: 35c Fan: 70% Util: 90% Core:2037MHz Mem:4353MHz Bus:1

Prince and a couple rulesets have my rig pretty flat out. Smile

Thanks for getting back to me!!
Reply
#4
You're welcome - enjoy!
Reply