Nvidia cuda toolkit gone
I'm new to linux but can figure things out myself by reading online usually or watching a tutorial!!!

I am currently running (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)) linux 4.17 GeForce GT 710 NVIDIA-SMI 390.77.
I had everything running smooth and had to crack a 10 digit wpa password which would take my gpu about 28 days with cuda toolkit installed. After I had to reinstall linux and i used apt to downoad the cuda toolkit they The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)) removed it?????????  2018-08-18] nvidia-cuda-toolkit 9.1.85-4 removed from The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)))-rolling  (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)) Repository) Is there any other way to get this working correctly?
Thanks for any help.
hashcat no longer has a dependency on CUDA - only on OpenCL.

See also:

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=fre...ing_system
~
Thanks for the reply. My problem isn't with hashcat support of cuda it's k.a.l.i. removed cuda from apt get. Im at a loss I'm thinking about installing Ubuntu and trying to install cuda toolkit and going from there? Any other suggestions welcome
The K.a.l.i. team claims to have addressed the OpenCL issue. Note that it's OpenCL that you're after, not CUDA. Getting OpenCL properly working under K.a.l.i. may vary - you might want to use the 'search' feature on the forums to find people discussing it. Generally speaking, for native Linux or Windows, you get the right OpenCL simply by installing modern NVIDIA drivers.
~
(08-27-2018, 01:47 AM)royce Wrote: The K.a.l.i. team claims to have addressed the OpenCL issue. Note that it's OpenCL that you're after, not CUDA. Getting OpenCL properly working under K.a.l.i. may vary - you might want to use the 'search' feature on the forums to find people discussing it. Generally speaking, for native Linux or Winodws, you get the right OpenCL simply by installing modern NVIDIA drivers.

Thanks for the help