need advice
Exclamation 
im trying to crack 10 digit wpa password. its going to take 15 straight days which doesn't sound bad but running an extra pc with graphics card hot its going to tap my small resources at the moment in using this command in hashcat:
hashcat -m 2500 -a3 hash.hccapx ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d  im running amd phenom 2 x3 2.80g 6g ram and nvidia geforce gt 710 which im using to crack but its only going 7210 H/s now using amd before it was only going i think 3500H/s im not quite sure how many h/s but it was 50 straight days!!!!! if they changed default pass im screwed attXXX so using keyspace method im confident im using correct method if anyone has insite im open to suggestions.
i added -w 3 to the above before that it was at 20 days i'll take 15 over 20 days just hope it works out
I'm having trouble figuring out what advice you're looking for; can you rephrase as a specific question?
~
(09-03-2018, 04:37 PM)royce Wrote: I'm having trouble figuring out what advice you're looking for; can you rephrase as a specific question?

OK what I'm trying to accomplish is to make sure the attack I'm running for hashcat is the best and most refined method to use. I'm running hashcat like this hashcat -m 2500 -a3 hash.hccapx ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?dd -w 3
im attacking a attxxx router which if it is a default password it would be 10 digits long numbers 0-9 so is the attack that I'm using for a keyspace attack the fastest and best way to attack it or is there a different method that's better? My system is not the best but its far from the worst just wondering what other methods there are to crack the password. BTW thank you royce you are always fast to help out I appreciate that !!!!!
If it's 10 random digits, and there's no other pattern, that's probably the best you can do.
Adding -O / --optimized-kernel-enable might also help.
~
There's also no guarantee the owner of the router did not change the password manually.