$1000 CAD / $772 USD

2x 1070ti 8gb video cards
1x 1060 3gb card
EVGA 1000w power supply
G4400 processor
Motherboard supports 6 video cards
Comes with all gpu risers
Includes mining rig frame

In addition to that I would also be adding 2 of my 1080Ti's to the rig so I would need to get another PSU, what would be acceptable for that?

Also if this is an ok deal, how much ram do I need for the system? I'm not too sure how much is in it.

Also is that CPU sufficent for hashcat?

Just found out it has only 4GB of ram, lol
Mining rigs typically suck as password cracking rigs. This was just discussed yesterday:

https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-7861-po...l#pid42383
(10-09-2018, 01:08 AM)epixoip Wrote: Mining rigs typically suck as password cracking rigs. This was just discussed yesterday:

https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-7861-po...l#pid42383

What exactly is the main downside of it? I couldn't really find a specific reason on the thread. Is it power supply related or CPU related (only other thing I could think of) or something else?

EDIT: I see, its a ram issue. I'm currently running 2 1080Ti's on 16gb of ram, and haven't ran into any memory issues myself, would 32gb be enough for that system? 32GB R // 41GB VR
Let me count the ways:

1. Low-end components. Junk motherboard, cheap-ass risers that fail, etc. For mining you want the cheapest hardware possible to maximize ROI. This is not true for password cracking.

2. Running GPUs on x1 slots is fine for mining and brute force, but unless you're working with absurdly slow hashes, it will limit the speed of attacks that employ host candidate generation.

3. Sure, low-end CPU too. Typically you want at least as many CPU cores as GPU devices, but probably more. Also consider that at some point you may need to use CPU for cracking. And surely you'll want to do some wordlist parsing, candidate generation, etc.

4. Limited amount of host memory. For password cracking you need really RAM >= VRAM (or at an absolute bare minimum, VRAM * 0.25). With 2x 1070 Ti + 2x 1080 Ti you should have at least 38GB available host memory. Most cheap-ass motherboards used in mining rigs only support 16-32GB of RAM.

5. Open air chassis suck for cooling (and get really dusty, which also traps in heat.)
(10-09-2018, 01:42 AM)epixoip Wrote: Let me count the ways:

1. Low-end components. Junk motherboard, cheap-ass risers that fail, etc. For mining you want the cheapest hardware possible to maximize ROI. This is not true for password cracking.

2. Running GPUs on x1 slots is fine for mining and brute force, but unless you're working with absurdly slow hashes, it will limit the speed of attacks that employ host candidate generation.

3. Sure, low-end CPU too. Typically you want at least as many CPU cores as GPU devices, but probably more. Also consider that at some point you may need to use CPU for cracking. And surely you'll want to do some wordlist parsing, candidate generation, etc.

4. Limited amount of host memory. For password cracking you need really RAM >= VRAM (or at an absolute bare minimum, VRAM * 0.25). With 2x 1070 Ti + 2x 1080 Ti you should have at least 38GB available host memory. Most cheap-ass motherboards used in mining rigs only support 16-32GB of RAM.

5. Open air chassis suck for cooling (and get really dusty, which also traps in heat.)

Alright, I won't be getting it. The guy said it only supports 16gb of ram anyways.

Thanks for the detailed reply!
(10-09-2018, 01:42 AM)epixoip Wrote: Let me count the ways:

@epixoip may I ask you want kind of hashcat attack do you mean by that 2nd point? Do you mean something like I have some external password generator feeding hashcat's stdin? And could you please enlighten me or point me to what to look why are x1 slots slower in this scenario?
For all slow hashes candidate generation happens on CPU.