Unhandled Exception
Just a quick bit of context: I'm using v1.1beta0 (I can't remember how I came to use that one, but I couldn't get either the binary or source versions to work off the main site - please be aware you're dealing with an idiot).

It's been working fine (bar an absolute refusal to attempt any crypt style hashes). Today though, I decided to add a bunch of wordlists, and it's been giving me an error message saying "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. The filename or extension is too long." Clicking continue just takes me back to the main Hashcat software, and quit...quits.

Could something I've added into the wordlist section have upset it? There's a few there that are marked in a shade of purple, rather than blue, but I thought that was an indication of them being a larger file size. Is there anything I should check for when I go through these wordlists? Could it be that I've added too many?

Just remembered, I did start to move Hashcat and the related files to my external HD, but cancelled. I moved everything that had gone back to its original place, but might that have caused the error?

If you need any screenshots/information, let me know. Thanks for any help.
are you talking about some third-party gui?
(07-25-2019, 12:26 AM)undeath Wrote: are you talking about some third-party gui?

Ah, yes I am, sorry. Couldn't quite wrap my head around the sources/binaries thing on here. I've found a forum that seems to deal more with that side of things (having just learned there's a difference, sorry).