Suggestion on second card to fit my motherboard
I was discussing on this forum purchasing two RTX 2070 Supers @ $500 each when I came across locally on Craigslist an open-but-never-used MSI Duke GTX 1070 ti 8GB card for $250 and picked that up. I found another lightly used 1070 ti for around $350 on eBay *but* the card is very large and my motherboard, a MSI Z77A-G41 (link), while having two PCI-e x16 slots, has an inconvenient layout whereby the on-board SATA connectors prevent the very large and heavy MSI Duke card from sitting in the second x16 slot without siting on cables and connectors. That is, the card is very deep and extends down towards the mobo entirely, allowing it to push against those SATA ports.

Can anyone recommend a second GPU that has either a smaller over-all footprint or that has at least the rear of the card's 'guts' raised up a bit so as to provide clearance for things on the motherboard? Or is there some other solution for this whereby I can raise the card up a bit?

Thanks
Can just get risers to move your cards out of the case if you really want. Otherwise,  solution is just get a better motherboard that fits your needs.
(08-31-2019, 12:41 AM)slyexe Wrote: Can just get risers to move your cards out of the case if you really want. Otherwise,  solution is just get a better motherboard that fits your needs.

This motherboard supports SLI and I've seen multiple GPUs mounted in it, but this card in particular seems to get in the way. I'm taking a look at other 1070 tis that might not be as bulky as the MSI Duke edition, maybe it'll clear OR I can get a 4-port SATA pci sata card and move four of the SATAs to that.

Thanks
Apologies if there exists a blower-style MSI Duke, but it seems like you are trying to use the type of thick cards with radial fans that just circulate heat around themselves?

If so, make sure your case has high airflow and avoid that type of card in new purchases at least if you want to use them with Hashcat: use blower-style cards (or maybe watercooled cards?) as you can see if you search this forum for "blower" or "radial" Smile