Found a password - Recovered ?
Hi there Smile

I'm trying Hashcat and so far every thing seems to run just fine. But I'm not sure how to see if Hashcat has success in finding a password. I guess that if it find a password, I should see "Recovered" change from 0/1 to 1/1. Is that correct ?

I'm comparing a passwordlist to a WPA handshake.
Put the WPA PSK in the wordlist and Hashcat should find it Smile
(09-03-2019, 11:46 AM)Kryczek Wrote: Put the WPA PSK in the wordlist and Hashcat should find it Smile

That did not answer my question. How can I see if Hashcat has found a password ?
It stops when all (just 1 in your case) hashes have been cracked, otherwise it prints the hash and cleartext on the screen while running
Thanks Smile
hashcat64 -m 2500 --show yourhccapxfilename (will show you any cracked passwords)

hashcat64 -m 2500 --left yourhccapxfilename (will show you any un-cracked passwords)
(09-04-2019, 05:40 PM)slawson Wrote: hashcat64 -m 2500 --show yourhccapxfilename      (will show you any cracked passwords)

hashcat64 -m 2500 --left yourhccapxfilename        (will show you any un-cracked passwords)

Thanks. But I still hope that if Hashcat finds a password, it will show it on the screen during the run or after the run.
It does show the found password immediately when found:
[Image: 1kyMkTN.png]
(09-05-2019, 12:25 PM)DanielG Wrote: It does show the found password immediately when found:
[Image: 1kyMkTN.png]

Thanks Smile I have just seen some videos, that told, you would not know if Hashcat found a password, until you entered the --show command.
Status...........: Cracked

it's very obvious if it's cracked or not