AMD R9 270x dont find pass
#1
Good day 4 all
I tried restore pass from shadow file on r9 270x with latest drivers, but i get "ATTENTION! OpenCL kernel self-test failed"
I run hashcat with next params:
"hashcat.exe -O --self-test-disable -m 1800 -D 2 shadow_all_to_crack.txt -a 0 password.lst.txt -o crecked.txt"

In "password.lst" have correct pass to one hash from shadow_all_to_crack.txt", but hashcat didn't find pass

when i run hashcat with next params:
hashcat.exe -O --self-test-disable -m 1800 -D 1 shadow_all_to_crack.txt -a 0 password.lst.txt -o crecked.txt

Hashcat found pass

I try beta, but i get same error as in stable versesion

AMD R9 270x (Adrenalin 19.12.2)
Hashcat: 5.1.0, hashcat-5.1.0+1496 and hashcat-5.1.0+1508 
No any OpenCl SDK!!!


What the bug and how it fix???


Attached Files
.txt   shadow_all_to_crack.txt (Size: 740 bytes / Downloads: 2)
.txt   password.lst.txt (Size: 143 bytes / Downloads: 2)
Reply
#2
Which are the devices you're using? Type hashcat -I and post the results.

D 1 and D 2 would most likely be your video card and CPU meaning the video card will fail because of self-test error and you simply ignoring the error with it disabled. While your CPU probably has proper drivers installed and will crack the hash without a hitch. This is only my assumption as we don't have enough information in front of us.
Reply
#3
(12-17-2019, 03:11 AM)slyexe Wrote: Which are the devices you're using? Type hashcat -I and post the results.

D 1 and D 2 would most likely be your video card and CPU meaning the video card will fail because of self-test error and you simply ignoring the error with it disabled. While your CPU probably has proper drivers installed and will crack the hash without a hitch. This is only my assumption as we don't have enough information in front of us.

Code:
D:\hashcat-5.1.0>hashcat64.exe -I hashcat (v5.1.0) starting... OpenCL Info: Platform ID #1   Vendor  : Intel(R) Corporation   Name    : Intel(R) OpenCL   Version : OpenCL 1.2   Device ID #1     Type          : CPU     Vendor ID      : 8     Vendor        : Intel(R) Corporation     Name          : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz     Version        : OpenCL 1.2 (Build 76427)     Processor(s)  : 8     Clock          : 3400     Memory        : 2017/8068 MB allocatable     OpenCL Version : OpenCL C 1.2     Driver Version : 3.0.1.10891 Platform ID #2   Vendor  : Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.   Name    : AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing   Version : OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (3004.7)   Device ID #2     Type          : GPU     Vendor ID      : 1     Vendor        : Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.     Name          : Pitcairn     Version        : OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (3004.7)     Processor(s)  : 20     Clock          : 1100     Memory        : 1523/2048 MB allocatable     OpenCL Version : OpenCL C 1.2     Driver Version : 3004.7
Reply
#4
I fix it
I intalled oldest driver "Win7-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-18.12.3-Dec19" and all work good.
Reply